Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for employment in San Diego

1. Regular Member

Looking for employment in San Diego

Advertisements
    We are moving out to San Diego in June. I am currently a federal employee but don't know if I want to remain on. I am graduating with a BS in Health Science and a minor in Management from Old Dominion University in May. I was prior navy for 8 years and have now been a federal employee for 4. I have started applying for some jobs but have heard that it's hard to find a job out in Cali. Anyone have any good job leads or know of anyone who is hiring?
  2. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    The best advice about jobs in Cali... if you have one keep it. If you don't, sorry...
    The market is really tight down here. If you can try to stay federal... Good Luck!
  3. Senior Member
    Try going on the base websites, sometimes they post job openings.
  4. "Never regret anything that once made you smile"
    "Never regret anything that once made you smile"
    Quote Originally Posted by Grosie View Post
    Try going on the base websites, sometimes they post job openings.
    Agreed.
    Most bases also have a Human Resources office where they can help you find jobs. The jobs here in CA aren't very good though, I know a lot of people who have been looking for a while. But you seem like you are educated and would qualify for jobs out here.
    Good Luck!
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gabrielleevans View Post
    We are moving out to San Diego in June. I am currently a federal employee but don't know if I want to remain on. I am graduating with a BS in Health Science and a minor in Management from Old Dominion University in May. I was prior navy for 8 years and have now been a federal employee for 4. I have started applying for some jobs but have heard that it's hard to find a job out in Cali. Anyone have any good job leads or know of anyone who is hiring?
    Yeah, it's almost impossible finding jobs here over the past 2 years. It sucks-A LOT.
  6. Senior Member
    keep your federal job...
  7. Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Check out Scripps health for receptionist openings if you have any interest in that . My friend just quit there 'cuz she's moving. It could be filled already, but worth a look! Good luck!
  8. Regular Member
    Thanks, I had heard that it was hard to find a job out in Cali. I have started putting in some resumes, I guess I will just have to make sure I keep up on the federal jobs website. Although I wasn't trying to stay a federal employee because of the way priority placement works, that looks like it may be my best bet at least at first.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

IT is VERY hard to get a job in Cali. I was born and raised there... and it was hard back then.

Lived in SD for 4 years not too long ago and just decided it stay at home... especially after we had kids. Would cost more for daycare than it was worth to work.

Even having an AS degree didnt help.
  10. Regular Member
    Both my kids are in school so daycare should be too much for before and after. I would love to stay at home, but we just can't afford it. I was active duty as well, and going from 2 E-5 paychecks at the time to 1 was very difficult. Plus I have been working since I was 16 and I do get a little bored sitting at home, I missed working, being a stay at home mom is hard work. I guess I will just keep my fingers crossed that my husband makes chief and that I find a job.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast