Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Chula Vista?

1. Senior Member

Jump for Joy Chula Vista?

Advertisements
    I am going to visit a friend in Chula Vista soon and she has never been to the beach, but neither of us know where to go. She has two little ones under 4 if that matters? Can anyone tell me some beaches to go to while I'm there? I love the Oceanside one but it's kinda far. TIA
    Don't judge someone just because they sin differently than you.

2. Senior Member
    If you have base access, the base on North Island has a beach. It is a long walk from the parking lot to the water, but it is safe and clean. There is also Pacific Beach. http://www.belmontpark.com Follow the directions for Belmont Park, because it sits on the boardwalk of Pacific Beach(PB). PB is usually crowded, it's hard to find parking, and I think it stinks. Ocean Beach has better parking, but it also stinks and usually there are homeless people lounging around. I've never had one approach me, but just wanted to give you a heads up in case that is an issue for you. La Jolla shores is really nice and there is a big playground on the edge of the beach. I cannot tell you how to get there, because I don't remember the road names, I just know how to get there. If you google any of the off base places I mentioned, you will get directions to the general area. Oh and there is also Imperial Beach, which is over on the strand.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

North Island beaches are the CLEANEST beaches in San Diego area. BUT the walk from the parking lot thru the sand is a ways

I HIGHLY recommend La Jolla which is about 20min or so north of Chula Vista but so BEAUTIFUL there.
  4. Senior Member
    la jolla! There are Seals there that you can view. There's snorkling, tidepools, and an actual beach. lots to do. Have fun!
    The address is 850 Coast Boulevard San Diego, CA 92037
  5. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Quote Originally Posted by navywifeplus3 View Post
    If you have base access, the base on North Island has a beach. It is a long walk from the parking lot to the water, but it is safe and clean. There is also Pacific Beach. www.belmontpark.com | A great day out for the whole family Follow the directions for Belmont Park, because it sits on the boardwalk of Pacific Beach(PB). PB is usually crowded, it's hard to find parking, and I think it stinks. Ocean Beach has better parking, but it also stinks and usually there are homeless people lounging around. I've never had one approach me, but just wanted to give you a heads up in case that is an issue for you. La Jolla shores is really nice and there is a big playground on the edge of the beach. I cannot tell you how to get there, because I don't remember the road names, I just know how to get there. If you google any of the off base places I mentioned, you will get directions to the general area. Oh and there is also Imperial Beach, which is over on the strand.
    Isn't Belmont Park at Mission Beach?

My kids really like the big waves at Mission Beach.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  6. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BethM View Post
    Isn't Belmont Park at Mission Beach?

My kids really like the big waves at Mission Beach.
    Yes it is and it says so on the website posted in the thread. Mission Beach tends to be the partier beach.

I agree North Island is the best but yes it's a trek across the sand. La Jolla is great, too! Imperial Beach tends to get sewage from Mexico often so I usually don't go there.

I am in Chula Vista, too. We just moved here from Korea. We lived in the SD area before Korea for eight years.
  7. Senior Member
    Thanks ladies for all the posts! You are awesome. The girls will be so excited!

8. Senior Member
    I just have to come and say.. so excited! :oD

9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PicklePod0508 View Post
    I just have to come and say.. so excited! :oD
    I am SO excited!