Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gas thieves in Santo Terrace.

1. Senior Member

Gas thieves in Santo Terrace.

Advertisements
    This could have gone into the venting section, but since there are so many of us here living in Murphy Canyon, I thought I'd cool my vent and post it here for all to see.

Twice since Saturday night someone has tried to siphon my gas tank. Sunday morning we discovered the gas cap off and the metal flap on the tank opening ripped out. DH buys locking gas cap that day. Then this morning (Thursday) my *check gas cap* light goes on. I check it and gas cap is loose. You can see where they had jammed something into the lock to break it. So Santo residents keep an eye out.

Just a little funny, Saturday night the van was on E so they got zilch out of that bad boy. Fools picked the wrong van! They were unsuccessful again last night, not sure if the got spooked or just didn't know what they were doing.

I haven't ticked any of my neighbors off. We smile and wave to everyone. Chat on the sidewalks and front porches whenever we see someone out. We're not gossipy, stay out of people's business, and to be honest my street is pretty low drama.
  2. Today was a Fairytale
    Today was a Fairytale
    Gosh! The same thing has been happening here too!!
  3. Senior Member
    Sorry that happen to you guys. The same thing happen to us when we lived in Serra Mesa. Now we are in Aero Ridge and so far no problems. I hope they catch the thieves.
  4. Senior Member
    Good grief. That many gas thieves in military housing? Aye. People suck ass.
  5. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Wow! We are moving there in about 3 wks. Sucks there's only a 1-car garage :-/
    Hope they catch the theives!
  6. Senior Member
    Well we were able to get my van in the garage for the night since DH's motorcycle is not here. When his bike is here, it has to be in the garage, because you can siphon those things with a straw. When DH found out, he promptly researched 3 different alarm systems to put on the van. Those bums are going to have to pick another target or oh I don't know....buy gas like the rest of us!
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie View Post
    Wow! We are moving there in about 3 wks. Sucks there's only a 1-car garage :-/
    Hope they catch the theives!
    Yeah and the one car garages will just BARELY hold my van. If you have a truck or SUV good luck! It's not only military housing, people have been getting siphoned in other areas of the city. It seems vehicles most targeted are vans, trucks, and SUVs. They have the bigger tanks so the thieves are able to get more gas in one shot.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I seriously think someone tried to empty our lawn mower. I went out back yesterday and the gas smell was so strong!
  9. Mmhmm.
    Mmhmm.
    My parents were in town the other day.. and my mom saw like 4 police cruisers turn right on truett and arrest someone. I think this was after the 15th? Anyway, I live in Santo Terrace, so maybe they caught the person?

because ever since, the "rent-a-cops" have been patrolling more and more, sometimes even w/ their top lights on.
  10. Senior Member
    seriously? that bites! i didnt know people were still doing this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast