Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone near Creech or Nellis AFB in Nevada?

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    What kinda employment are you looking for?
  2. Air Force Wife
    Air Force Wife
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeses*Pieces View Post
    BTW, jobs are *****ES to get out there. I've been applying to nurse jobs for months with not even a single freakin reply. Apartments and stuff are nicely priced though. Once you get away from the strip it is very... desert like, lol. I really like Nellis though! Never been to Creech as DB takes the shuttle.

Oh so I'll start applying now then!! Thanks for the info. I found lots of nursing jobs when I searched for jobs in the area...I am just not a nurse. I was starting to regret not finishing my nursing degree because I was seeing jobs in that field...but maybe that's not even a good field out there. I figure I'll mostly be dealing with Nellis since finance stuff for Creech is there.
    Originally JessaBecc
    "God must be a WVU Mountaineer too cause he made the sun gold and the sky blue!"

3. Air Force Wife
    Air Force Wife
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeses*Pieces View Post
    What kinda employment are you looking for?
    Well I'll have BS in Child Development and a minor in speech pathology in may. So anything with kids...I am qualified, at least around here, for a headstart, preschool or kindergarten teacher and daycare stuff. I am hoping to go to grad school fall 2011 for a degree in early childhood ed so that's the direction I am headed with all this. Need something to pay the bills, but I would really like to stay working with kids.
    Originally JessaBecc
    "God must be a WVU Mountaineer too cause he made the sun gold and the sky blue!"

4. Senior Member
    I'd wait until you were here to apply since you have wedding to deal with too! Many childcare positions aren't open for very long, so kinda hard to plan WAY in advanced. Though many companies like to keep resumes of people interested for future jobs. That's what will probably happen when you get out here. Apply for jobs. BH does the phone interview thing first. After that it might be a bit till you hear from a center about interviews (usually there's one formal interview and then a working interview in a classroom) just because they won't contact till there's a known position open. A place for reliable job postings in the ECE field are found here. This is the same site to look up training hours after you start working.

Jobs here are well...different than other places! I have my BS in Business Admin and couldn't find a job that paid me more than $10/hr in the field. MAJOR pay cut from my previous job! I went back to childcare (what I did during college) because it had better location, hours, and paid the same. lol.
    Cooking with Mrs Sea Monster | My Ramblings
    Mommy to Aiden (Nov 2010) and Zoe (VBAC Nov 2012)
  5. *evacuate the dancefloor...i'm in las vegas...!!!*
    *evacuate the dancefloor...i'm in las vegas...!!!*
    we currently live @ broadstone montecito (Welcome to Broadstone Living developed by Alliance Communities) and its nice i like it and i feel safe at night since DH works mids so i am home alone all night...plus i live on the 3rd floor i look into other apartments near us...and most of them are really nice!!
  6. Air Force Wife
    Air Force Wife
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayssmile View Post
    I'd wait until you were here to apply since you have wedding to deal with too! Many childcare positions aren't open for very long, so kinda hard to plan WAY in advanced. Though many companies like to keep resumes of people interested for future jobs. That's what will probably happen when you get out here. Apply for jobs. BH does the phone interview thing first. After that it might be a bit till you hear from a center about interviews (usually there's one formal interview and then a working interview in a classroom) just because they won't contact till there's a known position open. A place for reliable job postings in the ECE field are found here. This is the same site to look up training hours after you start working.

Jobs here are well...different than other places! I have my BS in Business Admin and couldn't find a job that paid me more than $10/hr in the field. MAJOR pay cut from my previous job! I went back to childcare (what I did during college) because it had better location, hours, and paid the same. lol.

Well hopefully it will all workout! Thanks
    Originally JessaBecc

7. Air Force Wife
    Air Force Wife
    Quote Originally Posted by lilangelbabe1217 View Post
    we currently live @ broadstone montecito (Welcome to Broadstone Living developed by Alliance Communities) and its nice i like it and i feel safe at night since DH works mids so i am home alone all night...plus i live on the 3rd floor i look into other apartments near us...and most of them are really nice!!

Broadstone looks nice! And it's a bit closer than Avanti...oh it's so hard to choose!!! Safety is a big factor. DF wants me to do all the research and stuff and then just give him the best info. he doesn't want to go through all the searching. So I think I am just going to be really organized (highly unusual for me) and make an excel spread sheet with the different places I am considering, price, location, etc so it'll be clearer. I can't keep it all straight!!
    Originally JessaBecc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12