Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Moving to Fort Hood..Needing suggestions on Housing!

1. Mommy-To-Be
    Mommy-To-Be

Help Moving to Fort Hood..Needing suggestions on Housing!

Advertisements
    Hello Ladies!!!
    My Fiance' and I will be moving to Fort Hood, TX in mid-June. We are getting married at the beginning of June and are to report to DF's duty station on the 9th. We are trying to look at some housing off base in the Killeen area online, but it's not much help. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on good apartments or duplexes for rent around the Killeen area. We are looking for something a little nicer and less then 15 minutes off base. If anyone has any suggestions, PLEASE let me know!!! I'm looking forward to becoming an ARMY WIFE and I can't wait to finally start our life together! Thanks,
    Candace Wilson
  2. Regular Member
    hi. i have been out there twice in the last month, and i will be moving there to be with my db, in about two weeks. i will be able to help you more then if its not too late. we will be looking to get our own place once i get out there so i will be looking around too.
    give me some things you are looking for and such and ill see what i can do to help you out. checking the newspaper and such.
    i noticed when i was out there there were several "houses" that were set up in regular neighborhoods that are set up like two houses in one. kind of hard to explain, but they are pretty neat.
    from what i hear you wanna stay as far away from "rancier st''.
    Being an Army girlfriend is my superpower

3. Mommy-To-Be
    Mommy-To-Be
    Thank you so much!!! that will be such a big help! we will be moving there in early june, so just let me know as soon as you caan! we are looking for somewhere nicer, but not wanting to pay more then 850 a month and we are looking at like 2 bedroom! We are wanting a nicer neighborhood b/c it will just be the two of us and i'm not wanting to be in a scary place when i have to be alone! What are you guys looking into?? Have you ever tried craig's list? they have some on there at killeen! he is wanting to stay within about 15 miles from the gate of fort hood! but not wanting to stay IN THE GATES....thank you again!!!