Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Laughlin AFB

1. Senior Member

Laughlin AFB

Advertisements
    Anyone there currently? Or anyone who's been stationed there before?

DH and I are headed that way this summer. Wondering about base housing. If there's any hope of finding a job. Is there anything to do there?

No kids here, but any other information would be greatly appreciated!
  2. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Hey!
    I'm the only one on here thats stationed at Laughlin. DH has been here for 3 years and I've been here for a little over a year. It pretty much sucks here but its all about the friends you make and how you handle it here!
    We aren't allowed to go to mexico anymore which sucks, I got to go once and it was so much fun!
    We just moved into base housing after living downtown for a year. I personaly am so much happier now that we are on base!
    My name is mackenzie, I just turned 20. In may we will be having our first baby. DH is turning 22 in may. He's enlisted.
    This base is mostly populated by poilets.
    Finding a job off base is hard unless you can speak spnaish. On base I can take you to the NAF office and get you an application there and you can apply for every job on base and your chances are much higher for getting a job! I currently work at the gym on base. But once I have the baby I'm going to be doing FCC. Which is home day care, this way we don't have to pay for day care and I can still work.
    in town we only really have 3 mcdonalds, 2 snoics, KFC, Long johns, A&W, walmart, home depot, jcpennys, ross, and a few other stores. Oh we do have a bath and body works! I use to work there for almost a year. The movie thearter is really cheap which is awesome! So we always see movies. The lake is fun during the summer and so is the creek. The pool on base is free. And you can travel 2 hours and go tubbing on the frio river.
    Plently of outdoor things to do!
    Let me know some info about you!
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

3. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    sorry for all the typos, I just woke up a few minutes ago
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

4. Senior Member
    Yeah, DH will be there for UPT. You should get an award for living there as long as you have and keeping your sanity. We've been here at Nellis (Las Vegas) for 3 1/2 years. I'm actually REALLY looking forward to leaving this city as crazy as it sounds! Vegas should always be a place you visit, not live! lol. I'm 26 and no plans for kids, especially now that he won't have time for them.

I'm glad to hear that there are a few good shopping places there. Part of me was afraid that there wasn't even a Walmart there. Hearing there's a Bath & Body Works is great news!

I don't know spanish at all, so guess I'll be battling it out for on base jobs. I kinda figured that though. My education got me no where in Vegas either. Ahhhh gotta love military life.

Is there a long wait for base housing? Is that why you didn't live there at first? Just wondering. We didn't even have the option of base housing here (they were tearing most of it down when we arrived), so never dealt with this before.
    Cooking with Mrs Sea Monster | My Ramblings
    Mommy to Aiden (Nov 2010) and Zoe (VBAC Nov 2012)
  5. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Dh wanted to get away from base when we got married. He had been living in the dorms for almsot 2 years. Thats why we didn't get base housing. Think we put in our application in october and got the call in november, but thats only cause we had a move in date of dec 1 on our application. They are getting pretty close to having almost all the base housing finished with.
    Yeah I know barely any spanish and battled it out downtown for about 6 months. Worked at bath and body works, and the herald, and odd jobs babysitting for different people all the time. It was hard. I was glad when I got a job at the shoppette cause it got my foot in the door for working on base.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

6. Senior Member
    Thanks for the info!
    Cooking with Mrs Sea Monster | My Ramblings
    Mommy to Aiden (Nov 2010) and Zoe (VBAC Nov 2012)