Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camp Pendleton housing

1. LCC
    Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Camp Pendleton housing

Advertisements
    Does anyone know about or live in San Onofre I 2 bedroom housing? I have heard they're pretty awful, but that's the only housing my husband and I qualify to live in up there since we don't have any kids (and he's an E5). I really prefer to live on base, and living somewhere south IS an option, but obviously not ideal if my husband is going to be working in the SOI area. I'm hoping someone will reassure me but I'm trying not to get my hopes up!
  2. Proud Navy Wife and mommy of 3
    Proud Navy Wife and mommy of 3
    we live in Pacific View and my neighbors all work up in SO its a 20 mins drive the 5 free way is right there its faster than going through the base. its nice and quiet down here close to everything.
    Mommy to Jocelyn, Jazmine (angel baby), Jayson (My Angel in the sky)and Jacquelyn
  3. LCC
    Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Yeah Pacific View looks super nice but we have a dog so we can't live there.
  4. Proud Navy Wife and mommy of 3
    Proud Navy Wife and mommy of 3
    south mesa accepts dogs and its right behind us
    Mommy to Jocelyn, Jazmine (angel baby), Jayson (My Angel in the sky)and Jacquelyn
  5. LCC
    Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    The South Mesa houses only have 3 bedrooms or more and we don't have any kids so we don't qualify for those. And we have no desire to live in the South Mesa apartment-style houses.
  6. aka Crazy4MySailor
    aka Crazy4MySailor
    Oh my! San Onofre is really not the best housing. My friend lives there and they didn't put the windows in right so every time it rains it leaks inside the house!

If you can try to get Wire Mountain. They seem to be better build and more up to date.
  7. LCC
    Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    We can't live in Wire Mountain either because we don't have any kids and they're only 3+ bedrooms. We live in the WORST housing where we are right now, so we just want something decent. Because of our dog, I'm pretty sure we're going to have to go with either Santa Margarita or Stuart Mesa since they just started allowing pets. I know a lot of people have said bad things about Stuart Mesa but I have a friend who lives there now and I really like the layout of her house, even if it isn't the newest.
  8. aka Crazy4MySailor
    aka Crazy4MySailor
    Quote Originally Posted by LCC View Post
    We can't live in Wire Mountain either because we don't have any kids and they're only 3+ bedrooms. We live in the WORST housing where we are right now, so we just want something decent. Because of our dog, I'm pretty sure we're going to have to go with either Santa Margarita or Stuart Mesa since they just started allowing pets. I know a lot of people have said bad things about Stuart Mesa but I have a friend who lives there now and I really like the layout of her house, even if it isn't the newest.
    That's a bummer. We know people who don't have kids that live at Wire Mountain. I'll ask them how they got it. I don't think all of them are 3+ bedrooms.

But Stuart Mesa is not that bad. My friend is about to move there and I just went with her to check out the house.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    We are in the same boat as you guys. We have a Pug and no children. I feel like I am getting discriminated against because of my personal decision to not have kids. My hubby is an E-6 and that has made no difference in anything about getting a 3br in a nicer housing unit. This is causing a lot of stress and we have not even moved yet. It is SOOOO different here. You can have 0 children and live in a 4 bedroom house and have as many dogs as you want! Honestly, I never thought I would find one thing I liked better about Key West.
  10. LCC
    Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    When I talked to the woman at the housing office and told her E-5 and no kids, she said "Well that's something you don't hear of very often, you're definitely in the minority on that one." Ha! I'm glad we're not the only ones dealing with this though because I was starting to feel like a freak! I'm sorry you have to deal with it too, though - it's not fair! Junior enlisted at San O is way nicer than what we can live in and I asked if we could even live there and they said absolutely not. I didn't even know bases separated junior enlisted from NCOs, I've never seen that before. And BAH isn't nearly enough to rent something comparable to base housing off base. Where do they want to put you guys? I don't see how they can keep you in E4-E5 housing but all E6 and above is 3+ bedrooms right?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast