Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moving to Coronado in Jan

1. To die and come back as a leotard?
    To die and come back as a leotard?
    Blog Entries
    Advertisements
    I live in Silver Strand and have a 21 month old son My good friend lives down the street and her son is 2 1/2

Its good times, no crime, and we LOVE living here. Oh and you can have a dog lol
    Hit me up, we can hang
  2. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries
    Hola , dh and I live in San Diego, I'm a native So CA gal. I currently work in Coronado and it is a beautiful city, I'm happy to work here everyday, I work about a block away from the famous Hotel Del Coronado. Dh is in the navy reserves and his unit is on North Island base. It's tough to live in Coronado unless you have a really good income with $ to spare, rent alone here is sky high. The President of our company just bought a house here, teeny house that looks like a townhome, for a cool mil$ .
  3. To die and come back as a leotard?
    To die and come back as a leotard?
    Blog Entries
    we live in housing so its free
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Strand Housing regularly advertises in Craigslist and on AHRN, and they seem to have availability a lot.

Silver Strand II- No Deposit All Utilities FREE- Military Housing

Only a 2 bedroom, but if you can get in, go for it.

My husband will be stationed at the Amphib base later this month, and we used to live in Coronado. Safe area and a great school district if you have kids.
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Thanks so much for the info! You ladies are great! I haven't been on here since my last post because we were in the process of moving and had no internet. We are out of Japan already and enjoying Texas (just got here on Monday) and I will be in San Diego real soon. I can wait! I look forward to meeting some or possibly all of you when I get settled. We are hoping to get a place off-base. Definitely not on Coronado now that I know how expensive it is. I've been looking at a few sites, but most of the rentals are apts and DH wants a house. I have seen a few that we are interested in and tried to contact the people, but I have heard back from anyone. I just hope that once we get there we can find a place a little easier and not have to be stuck in lodging for too long.
  6. You'll never find nobody better than me
    You'll never find nobody better than me
    Hi! Im Gracy born and raised in SD your gonna love it here. The weather is pretty much awesome and people are friendly. I myself don't have any kids or husband but if you ever wanna hangout let me know
  7. MrsSabsBaby <3
    MrsSabsBaby <3
    there! My Hubbs is on Coronado also but on the USS Ronald Reagan Nice To Meet Ya!
    Pregnant With A Baby Boy!! <3
  8. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I grew up in the San Diego area and now we are going to be moving there in the summer. I love it there is a lot of military housing. If you go to this site:
    http://lincolnmilitary.com/Installat...lex-san-diego/
    they list the military housing and information including how to apply. I think the military housing is a lot nicer that what most people would be able to get for BAH in the same area, and it is PPV but utilities are included. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by ktsnow; 01-02-2010 at 10:46 PM. Reason: entered it wrong the first time
  9. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Thanks for the link ktsnow. Just 2 more wks til we're in San Diego! Woohoo!!
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

We lived in Silver Strand II Housing for 3 years on Coronado before we moved out here. It is BEAUTIFUL there!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast