Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AHH!! 1 1/2 Months Till Oklahoma!

1. Senior Member

Nutts AHH!! 1 1/2 Months Till Oklahoma!

Advertisements
    We will be in OKC in a month an a half!! I'm so excited, but its really getting close and I feel kind of stressed.

We're mostly looking for houses *rent* in Moore... we hear its nice, anyways where are most of you guys living? on base? or off...
    What city/section of OK are you guys in?
    We're on the waiting list for housing but we're number 50, and have yet to move from that slot since October.
  2. .boricua.
    .boricua.
    We live off base. We bought our home. It's and OKC adress, but closer to Moore. That is a really nice area

Norman is also nice, but further South then what you'd probably want to be. Your Dh will be working at Tinker I assume

Good luck house hunting I love house hunting!!
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by little.lili View Post
    We live off base. We bought our home. It's and OKC adress, but closer to Moore. That is a really nice area

Norman is also nice, but further South then what you'd probably want to be. Your Dh will be working at Tinker I assume

I love house hunting too. We've seen some nice houses but I can't wait to actually walk through them.
  4. Regular Member
    we are not stationed there but thats where we are from! i will be in around christmas... Moore is a nice area.. the schools are really good too..

Ch!ckenW!ng wants me
  5. .boricua.
    .boricua.
    You might see a lot with miniature yards

They have lots of new nice homes in Moore, but I've noticed that they are lacking yards

And if you can find one, you might want to look for a tornado shelter.... we don't have one and sometimes it freaks me out cause we are in tornado alley.... I was told that my house was build on top of the ones that were destroyed back in 1999 (we didn't know this b4 we bought )
  6. Senior Member
    Our 1# has a big backyard and front yard. I'm amazed that there aren't that many houses I've seen with basements or tornado shelters.... I thought it would be more common....
  7. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    DH is stationed at Tinker and we live in Midwest City.

They're redoing the base housing and from what we've seen of the new it is extremely nice. Midwest City/Del City has a lot of cute houses [one we looked at had a decent sized yard] and it's not too far from Moore.

We moved here from Florida and I really do love it here. Despite the fact that it was ten degrees yesterday.
  8. Surviving Deployment #1
    Surviving Deployment #1
    Quote Originally Posted by little.lili View Post

I live in Norman and I love it! But it would be pretty far to drive to Tinker! Oklahoma is my home so if you ever need anything or have any questions let me know!
  9. Regular Member
    DH and I are from Oklahoma and despite the fact we both really hate the place we agree that Moore is a really nice area (it's where DH grew up). I on the other hand lived in MWC (midwest city) some parts are nice but you have to be careful because some are not so nice and can be a little rough. Yards in MWC are hard to find, you'll most likely end up with a teeny yard. Hope you find something you love and GL!!
  10. Senior Member
    well the house we are looking at has a huge yard. we've been talking back and forth with the owner and it seems like we might have a shot at renting their home.
    The neighborhood looks nice. I can't wait to actually see it in person though .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast