Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: San Diego here I come... again!

1. Senior Member

Hello San Diego here I come... again!

Advertisements
    We have a tentative date of April 1st but whenever, I am excited to come back after being in Korea for over 3 years, I am so going to miss Korea, though. We were supposed to be here till July then when dh put in for SD they wanted us to leave in Feb!! That wouldn't give us much time left but dh got it pushed back to April... for now, it could change back to Feb.
    We left San Diego after 8 years of being there to come here but I didn't find MSOS till after being in Korea almost a year. Wish I knew about it before, LOL!

I hope I get to meet some of you there. Dh is headed to the USS Pearl Harbor and will pretty much be gone on deployment after barely getting us settled. At least I already know my way around and know what areas are good. I don't know when the boat leaves and can't really say it yet if I knew, he may be flying out to meet it. It will be an adjustment after having him on shore for 5 years. Yeah, long time, he got off the USS Benfold Dec 2004, was on shore in SD but then he made chief and these orders to Korea showed up and we jumped on them. Time has flown by too fast.
  2. *boink*
    *boink*
    Thats where I'll be as of march!
  3. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    Thats where I'll be as of march!
    Awesome! Will this be your first time there?
  4. *boink*
    *boink*
    Quote Originally Posted by Navgirl View Post
    Awesome! Will this be your first time there?
    Yep! I only moved to the US a few months back so so far the only state I've lived in is Florida.
  5. Senior Member

Yep! I only moved to the US a few months back so so far the only state I've lived in is Florida.
    Wow! It's not as humid in San Diego, I mean on the coast yes but as you move inland it's dry.
  6. *boink*
    *boink*
    Wow! It's not as humid in San Diego, I mean on the coast yes but as you move inland it's dry.
    Oh gosh I hope so! I hate the floridian humidity and up and down weather!
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I'm just a tad north in Orange County... and I will definitely be here so I hope to meet both of you!!!!!
  8. Senior Member

Oh gosh I hope so! I hate the floridian humidity and up and down weather!
    Yeah, I am so sick of the humidity in Korea during the summer and the mosquitoes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skm2911 View Post
    I'm just a tad north in Orange County... and I will definitely be here so I hope to meet both of you!!!!!
    Cool! I know I've been through OC, don't recall if we stopped and saw anything.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Yeah, I am so sick of the humidity in Korea during the summer and the mosquitoes!!!

Cool! I know I've been through OC, don't recall if we stopped and saw anything.
    Oh, there's definitely fun stuff to do! And by the time you get here, the weather will be absolutely perfection!!!

P.S... I was born in Seoul, Korea and lived there till I was about 10 years old! I hope you are liking it!!!
  10. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by skm2911 View Post
    Oh, there's definitely fun stuff to do! And by the time you get here, the weather will be absolutely perfection!!!

P.S... I was born in Seoul, Korea and lived there till I was about 10 years old! I hope you are liking it!!!
    When we first moved here I didn't but it grew on me and I am going to miss it very much. What I am going to miss most is how safe it is here, my boys had a lot of freedom here to run around with their friends for hours. I am also going to miss all the outrageous things I see here that just would NOT happen in the states, LOL! I won't miss the crazy driving, though.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast