Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

View Poll Results: Do you wash your car on your property?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 62.79%
  • No

13 30.23%
  • other.

3 6.98%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: so its illegal to wash your car outside of a car wash facility...

1. Mmhmm.
    Mmhmm.
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by cee_cee88 View Post
    I really liked it there too! I may have loved it because everything I needed was within walking distance... or a short drive. besides wally world, but I rarely go there. I miss my job there too, I worked at Holiday Inn Express, now I cant find a job to save my life...
    there's irony for ya, huh? lol at least your pcs wasn't far! I still visit 29 sometimes, i love love love joshua tree and i have a friend out there that I miss.

what is it that they're building across from Motel 6 do you know? (figured you were in the hotel biz maybe you'd have more of an idea than I do.)
  2. Mmhmm.
    Mmhmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvMySailor4ever View Post
    I honestly did not know this. I feel kinda like a fool though, cause 3 weeks ago, a friend of mine called angry at her husband because he refused to wash the cars (it was his turn) she said, he was claiming that it was illegal to wash cars on base. I was like "HECK NO!!! Then everyone is breaking that law, because every Saturday, everyone down my streets wash their cars. he's just trying to get out of it!" and she was like 'I thought so," then she yelled at her hubby to get a move on and start washing

They had just moved in the week before and i've been on base for like 4 years. BUT in my defense, LMH just took over 2 years ago and they've been pretty lenient over their rules to let everyone slowly adjust. BUT i had NEVER until that call a few weeks ago EVER head that LMH did not allow you to wash your car in the driveway. That is so ridiculous. I never read anything about it either. You would think they would try and let us know of these things in their handy dandy monthly newsletter or something.
    Oh and i totally washed my car today in my driveway...I wonder if i should be feeling really guilty right now? my little boy even helped! But i was my car like every 3 months so i think i didn't do too much damage.

Now i'm gonna have to call and ask! But i do agree that water conservation is deadly important. The drought here is insane. You would think we live in a darn desert or something well seriously, it is a huge issue for SoCal and Central California.
    you had no idea, I wouldn't be feeling guilty yet until they send you a monthly thing on how to reduce water consumption-- then i'd feel targeted! lol but for real-- just go to the housing office and ask. Better un-humiliated than sorry! (maybe the water conservation hasn't gotten to you guys yet up there in the north.)
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I washed mine last week here at home.. But I didn't realize there was a law about it right now due to drought. I probably only wash it once a month anyway. But unfortunately I can't get the tree stuff off my car unless I scrub it.. then I think I would be taking up too much time at the car wash.
  4. Mmhmm.
    Mmhmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jules~ View Post
    I washed mine last week here at home.. But I didn't realize there was a law about it right now due to drought. I probably only wash it once a month anyway. But unfortunately I can't get the tree stuff off my car unless I scrub it.. then I think I would be taking up too much time at the car wash.
    go to a base where you can use their washing facilites, you'll never be "taking too much time" because you pay for it with quarters lol.. they want their quarters!
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *skittles* View Post
    There are towns in california where crops have completely dried up because they're not getting water. Water restrictions are in place for a reason...stupid or not, california has a hard time getting water and rain over the last few years haven't really made up for it.
    A few times over the last several months I've had the opportunity to drive Interstate 5 through Central California. Not only are many of what used to be lush fields of crops now nothing but clear soil, but worse, vineyards and orchards are filled with dead plants. Those represent several years of investment and care before they start bearing fruit and providing return on investment. Very difficult for the owners in terms of lost income, but also complicated because to start again would require that same amount of expense and effort, without prospect of income for a long time.

All this is because of the drought conditions in California. Complicated somewhat by environmental laws that favor critters over humans.

I'm a resident of San Diego country, and my community recently stepped up the water restrictions to "Level 2 Drought." As noted earlier, landscape watering is permitted only on certain days, at certain times, using limited techniques, and penalties are imposed once individual useage goes over a "basic water allotment."

Lawns in my neighborhood are starting to look sort of sad, but it's what has to be done.

Bob
    Last edited by SquareBottle; 08-16-2009 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Bad grammar and worse spelling!
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvMySailor4ever View Post
    You would think we live in a darn desert or something well seriously, it is a huge issue for SoCal and Central California.
    Inland Southern California and the California Central Valley is desert, without irrigation ...

Bob
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Onebusymommie View Post
    ... I can only water my lawn on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday (odd numbered house for me) ...
    My days, too!

Bob
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    I used to go to a place in Point Loma on Midway next to sizzler that did an EXCELENT job....i'd pay a little extra for them to do vacuuming and spray my floor carpets with good smelly air freshner and they would do the dash/windows etc....it was a good place for good thurough cleanings....even if I just did the outside wash it always got clean....
    See we used to like them too, the last time we lived here. However, their quality has gone downhill, they did a horrible job a couple of months ago when we were there. I was very disappointed.
    "What's so good about good-bye? It is good to be reminded that life is brief, at best, with no dress rehearsals, and the seasons we are privileged to share together are even more fleeting. Good-bye is good if it teaches us to cherish the life and breath, strength and sound mind, and the moments we are allowed to walk side by side with a friend. Good-bye is good if, in that difficult moment, we stand still long enough to give thanks to God for the lessons we've learned together, the love given, and the love received, recognizing that these are gifts from the hand of God." ~Marshele Carter Waddell
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    We don't wash our car until it starts affecting visibility. Not worth the water or the money, especially considering how dusty it is on housing here. When we do wash it (maybe every couple of months) we take it to the car wash.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345