Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3435051525354 LastLast

Thread: MILITARY HOUSING IN SAN DIEGO (MURPHY CANYON and OTHERS)

1. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by hiswife0403 View Post
    Thank you very much! Looks nice! Another question, do you know if they all come with built-in microwaves? I'm assuming thats what that is....
    I'm not sure. All the houses I've been in have one so maybe.

Also, if your house doesn't come with a washer & dryer already in the house, call up housing & they'll put you on the waitlist because they do provide them.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  2. Senior Member
    Hey gals! Its been a looonng time since Ive been on here. I googled and got a little info, even went back to the older threads but there are so many.

I wanted to know if maybe someone had some info for me. My DH is looking to go to IDC school in January. We havent gotten orders yet but, I like to know what we're getting into. I have never been to Cali, don't know where the school is located so I really don't know which area we could live in. We have a dog (60 pounds) and by the time we move We'll have three kids, the oldest in preschool.

Are there waiting lists for preschool? What area should we live in?
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Evelyn View Post
    Hey gals! Its been a looonng time since Ive been on here. I googled and got a little info, even went back to the older threads but there are so many.

I wanted to know if maybe someone had some info for me. My DH is looking to go to IDC school in January. We havent gotten orders yet but, I like to know what we're getting into. I have never been to Cali, don't know where the school is located so I really don't know which area we could live in. We have a dog (60 pounds) and by the time we move We'll have three kids, the oldest in preschool.

Are there waiting lists for preschool? What area should we live in?
    I think it will depend on what city/base the school is located. If you could post that info as soon as you get it, I'm sure someone can give you some information.
    "What's so good about good-bye? It is good to be reminded that life is brief, at best, with no dress rehearsals, and the seasons we are privileged to share together are even more fleeting. Good-bye is good if it teaches us to cherish the life and breath, strength and sound mind, and the moments we are allowed to walk side by side with a friend. Good-bye is good if, in that difficult moment, we stand still long enough to give thanks to God for the lessons we've learned together, the love given, and the love received, recognizing that these are gifts from the hand of God." ~Marshele Carter Waddell
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

I am in a 4 bedroom in Santo...

Quote Originally Posted by hiswife0403 View Post
    Update....our housing location has changed. We will be moving to Santo Terrace. Does anyone have interior pics of a 4 bedroom? Would love to get a feel for the interior aside from the pics shown on the Lincoln Mil Housing website. Does anyone have any?

I live on Truett. I have a 4 bedroom unit. Can you message me with your email, because I can not for the life of me, figure out how to post pics! sorry!
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Hey everyone,
    I am trying to find more information on Silver Strand. There are no pictures online. Does anyone have any? Any recommendations?? Thanks!!
  6. Regular Member
    If anyone knows.. what is the commute like from both Murphy Canyon (Canyon View) and Admiral Hartman housing to Coronado, or is there a resource (aside from google maps) that can give us a realistic look at what DH's commute would look like. I know San Diego is a high traffic area, so I want to make sure it's not going to turn into an hour and a half commute in traffic. Until now we've been really spoiled and never lived more than 10 minutes from base so any commute will be an adjustment but I just want to be adequately prepared.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
  7. Regular Member
    I think its around 30 minutes with no traffic. With traffic on the Coronado Bridge... I'd rather just stay home.
    "Sometimes, its not until you watch someone you love dying, that you truly realize what a gift each day is that you don't have to say good bye."
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thursdayschild View Post
    If anyone knows.. what is the commute like from both Murphy Canyon (Canyon View) and Admiral Hartman housing to Coronado, or is there a resource (aside from google maps) that can give us a realistic look at what DH's commute would look like. I know San Diego is a high traffic area, so I want to make sure it's not going to turn into an hour and a half commute in traffic. Until now we've been really spoiled and never lived more than 10 minutes from base so any commute will be an adjustment but I just want to be adequately prepared.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
    About 15-20 mins without traffic from both locations. 30ish mins with traffic depending on how backed up the 15 or the 5 is. If the Bridge to get onto Coronado is backed up or stopped due to a wreck of a jumper, ha.. hours and you'll need to go the strand to get to work.

9. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by theashmaticcat View Post
    I think its around 30 minutes with no traffic. With traffic on the Coronado Bridge... I'd rather just stay home.
    I wish that was an option - we need to live somewhere though and it seems like living on the island probably won't pan out for us. Thanks for the information

Quote Originally Posted by SubmarineWife View Post
    About 15-20 mins without traffic from both locations. 30ish mins with traffic depending on how backed up the 15 or the 5 is. If the Bridge to get onto Coronado is backed up or stopped due to a wreck of a jumper, ha.. hours and you'll need to go the strand to get to work.
    30 minutes isn't too bad. It sucks we have to depend on a bridge to get there but there doesn't seem to be another option. Thank you!
  10. Senior Member
    Can anyone fill me in in a preschool in Aero Ridge area? We're due there in January. I tried looking up some school but if like to hear any personal preferences