Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: MILITARY HOUSING IN SAN DIEGO (MURPHY CANYON and OTHERS)

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    we got offered a 3 bedroom house and haven't even left our place here in NC- we will be moving next week and got a call last week (a couple days after I scanned over the housing application) and got offered to "pre-lease" a home in MC
    HOw many bedrooms are you looking at?
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by jab79 View Post
    we got offered a 3 bedroom house and haven't even left our place here in NC- we will be moving next week and got a call last week (a couple days after I scanned over the housing application) and got offered to "pre-lease" a home in MC
    HOw many bedrooms are you looking at?
    We are only looking at getting a 3bd. That is great news. Thanks for the update!
  3. Senior Member
    not a problem- good luck! when are you guys moving out to SD?
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by jab79 View Post
    not a problem- good luck! when are you guys moving out to SD?
    We will be there in September. DH is finishing up a school and then we get there. We have a long drive since we are coming from Northern Virginia, and have to get all the way to SD. This is the second time we are making this drive, but the first with kids and a dog. I am sure this is going to be interesting!!!
  5. Senior Member
    yeah i am not looking forward to this trip to cali all the way from NC with 2 kids and a dog too! are you driving 1 or 2 cars? We actually got our other car shipped earlier this week to my parents in Las Vegas so we only had to drive 1 car together to hopefully make it easier. And you get most of it back from the government.
    I will let you know how the drive is!
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Moving to San Diego

I was talking to someone about housing yesterday and she mentioned Gateway Village so I mapped it and it looks like it's close to the Airport. I was wondering if anyone living there has a problem with the noise? Since I have a pet allergy, I can't live in a home that recently had cats or dogs Any information on pet free housing would be great, thanks!
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Dunn View Post
    I was talking to someone about housing yesterday and she mentioned Gateway Village so I mapped it and it looks like it's close to the Airport. I was wondering if anyone living there has a problem with the noise? Since I have a pet allergy, I can't live in a home that recently had cats or dogs Any information on pet free housing would be great, thanks!
    The Miramar townhomes I am in do not allow pets. I posted some pictures in a thread stickied
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    can someone tell me how to go about getting on the housing list???? and if it's just me and my husband will they even put us on the list since we dont' have kids?

tia
  9. Senior Member
    dr.k- yes you can still be in family housing without kids. Just fax or scan over your housing application (or bring it in person) if you are in the area, and they will go from there. I would assume you would be offered a 2 bedroom then
    you can go on the lincoln military housing website and they have the housing application form on there (and you also need a copy of his orders with his detachment date on there)
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. K View Post
    can someone tell me how to go about getting on the housing list???? and if it's just me and my husband will they even put us on the list since we dont' have kids?

tia
    Just head on down to 32nd street dryside. The office is right by the navy lodge. Go in and they will take ya back and get ya on a list. You can definatly be in housing with no kids. Just would be offered a 2 bedroom more then likely. They show you all the properties, let you know whats available when and the like. Then you either accept one now or get on a list for 1 you want. Make sure you bring his page 2 with you on it and his orders
Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast