Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 323940414243444552 ... LastLast

Thread: MILITARY HOUSING IN SAN DIEGO (MURPHY CANYON and OTHERS)

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Confused murphy canyon- civilian roommate?

Advertisements
    hi! my brother just moved here from another state and he really needs somewhere to live and if my husband and i dont take him in he"ll have to go back. hes from the midwest and there are no jobs so im really stressing this. Can he live with us in murphy canyon???? can I get away with this or am I going to get us in a situation??? need an answer pretty please!
    skye
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by navyskye View Post
    hi! my brother just moved here from another state and he really needs somewhere to live and if my husband and i dont take him in he"ll have to go back. hes from the midwest and there are no jobs so im really stressing this. Can he live with us in murphy canyon???? can I get away with this or am I going to get us in a situation??? need an answer pretty please!
    skye

He can stay for 14 days without permission. If you get permission, i think the longest is 30ish days. That will give him time to find a job and a place. Maybe you can talk with housing and ask for 60 days. But NO he can't live with you all the time since he isn't on your DH's page 2 as a dep.

3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    my husband and i are on the wait list for murphy canyon. this past wednesday (9/28) we were number 58. when we first got on the list end of august we were number 79. what were your experiences with the wait list? for a 0-3 month wait time, and its already been over a month, it seems like we will be waiting longer. anybody get in faster than they thought? im hoping so, i wanna get out of our apartment, and hopefully before he leaves for deployment. thanks!
  4. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Anyone with any photos or experience with Park Summit housing?
  5. Mombie.
    Mombie.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnegg0618 View Post
    my husband and i are on the wait list for murphy canyon. this past wednesday (9/28) we were number 58. when we first got on the list end of august we were number 79. what were your experiences with the wait list? for a 0-3 month wait time, and its already been over a month, it seems like we will be waiting longer. anybody get in faster than they thought? im hoping so, i wanna get out of our apartment, and hopefully before he leaves for deployment. thanks!
    We never really had a waiting list issue. We've been in Silver Strand and now Admiral Hartman and we got right in both places.

We are just getting out of a main moving time, so the waits are probably longer right now. I'd expect things to calm down soon.

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by schnegg0618 View Post
    If you are on the waiting list for a 2 bedroom, then its going to be long. That is the only place that has 2 bedrooms for 2 dogs. We were on the list back at the beginning Aug. We were told it would be a 4-6 month wait. We got lucky and were offered something in Chesterton right away though due to our dog being 107lbs and not being able to find a hotel that would accept her while we wait. Best thing to do is keep on the housing office. Goodluck!

7. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

Smile Silver Strand I

We are moving into Silver Strand I in a few weeks and we were wondering if we'll have access to the bay/beach? And if we go to the Silver Strand beach will we still have to pay the parking fees? Is the community pool open all year round? If anyone who has lived on or is currently living on the Strand could share any information about the neighborhood, etc. I'd really appreciate it!
  8. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    thanks ladies....we just got offered a house today!! we were on the waitlist for about a month and a half only. and we actually got offered a 3 bedroom! super excited! going to check it out today!!
  9. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    In murphy canyon does anybody know which school in the area is better for kids with ADHD?
  10. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Does anybody have any pics or know which communities have the 5 bed for E-5 with 2 dogs? we have 3 and 1 on the way to be born right after we get there so i assume we would get a 5 bedroom but i am not sure. I thought we would be good with a 4 bedroom but then with this new discovery of the one on the way i am wondering again as i did not see any 5 bedroom homes on the lincoln site.
Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 323940414243444552 ... LastLast