Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: MILITARY HOUSING IN SAN DIEGO (MURPHY CANYON and OTHERS)

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    thanks for the pics mary- the houses in murphy canyon look very very similiar to the ones that we are in now at tarawa terrace at camp lejeune, nc
  2. Senior Member
    Orleck and Aero are all duplexes. Santo has duplexes and then townhouse style (4 in a row).

3. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Naval Base San Diego/32nd Street (PCSing to Indian Head, MD in August)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary View Post
    There are mailboxes there and as mail route. The closest post office is at the end of the mail road, Santo, in a little strip mall type area. Course took me almost a year to realize it was there. I kept going to the Mission Valley Mall to use their post office. LOL
    Thanks so much!!
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I see the housing in SD is run my Lincoln and that is the same company that is here in VA. We like them except, I have two boys (7&5) and they have put us in a 2bd.

DH is an E6 USN, and we only took it becuase we were going to be here 8 months and the school on the base was the best in the area. Our 8 months has turned into over year and we still have until Sept before we head to SD.

I was wondering if we will get a 3bd anywhere, any housing or if they have the same age rules as they do here for same sex children? We just cannot do a 2bd!! I REFUSE!! I am going insane now, and counting down the days til we leave!!

Thanks
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by tbabygirl1399 View Post
    I see the housing in SD is run my Lincoln and that is the same company that is here in VA. We like them except, I have two boys (7&5) and they have put us in a 2bd.

DH is an E6 USN, and we only took it becuase we were going to be here 8 months and the school on the base was the best in the area. Our 8 months has turned into over year and we still have until Sept before we head to SD.

I was wondering if we will get a 3bd anywhere, any housing or if they have the same age rules as they do here for same sex children? We just cannot do a 2bd!! I REFUSE!! I am going insane now, and counting down the days til we leave!!

Thanks
    As far as I know they don't do the same gender one bedroom rule here. My boys are 22 months apart and with our daughter we were offered a four bedroom. Although we didn't like it so we ended up with a three bedroom in a different housing community.
  6. Senior Member
    since you have 2 kids you should get at least a 3 bedroom.
    we have 2 boys and they offered us a 3 bedroom.
    we are in a 2 bedrom right now (at the time we only had 1 child when we moved here to NC) and really need that extra room now!
    cant wait to have that extra bedroom for our other son!
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Thanks
    Actually Lincoln here is awesome. between the events and such. And you should be offered a 3 bedroom. I have never seen them use the same sex rule here
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Thanks for the all the info...

I was wondering does all of Murphy Canyon housing go to the same elementry schools? and middle schools? If now which area would you recommend us trying for for the better schools?

Also wondering if there are huge wait lists for this community? You guys are such a big help to us. I don't know anyone out there but one single guy my husband used to work with and he has no clue about housing. THANKS AGAIN!
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the all the info...

I was wondering does all of Murphy Canyon housing go to the same elementry schools? and middle schools? If now which area would you recommend us trying for for the better schools?

Also wondering if there are huge wait lists for this community? You guys are such a big help to us. I don't know anyone out there but one single guy my husband used to work with and he has no clue about housing. THANKS AGAIN!

The wait list for MC isn't that long. Esp for a 3 bedroom. Gateway, NTC and Serra Mesa, it typically is tho'. But, even if you are number 55, you could get called any day. It just depends on whether or not the people in front of you are ready to move, or if they are on a deferred list.

The elementary schools for MC are Hancock and Miller and the Middle Schools you have the choice between Farb and Deportola. We are using Hancock at the moment, but when school starts next year, we will be moving over to Miller. We moved from Santo District to Aero Ridge District with all of 2 months left in school and didn't want to disrupt the kids too much.

The schools are good, I have no complaints
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by *~Robyn~* View Post
    The wait list for MC isn't that long. Esp for a 3 bedroom. Gateway, NTC and Serra Mesa, it typically is tho'. But, even if you are number 55, you could get called any day. It just depends on whether or not the people in front of you are ready to move, or if they are on a deferred list.

The elementary schools for MC are Hancock and Miller and the Middle Schools you have the choice between Farb and Deportola. We are using Hancock at the moment, but when school starts next year, we will be moving over to Miller. We moved from Santo District to Aero Ridge District with all of 2 months left in school and didn't want to disrupt the kids too much.

The schools are good, I have no complaints

Thanks for the info!!

Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast