Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast

Thread: MILITARY HOUSING IN SAN DIEGO (MURPHY CANYON and OTHERS)

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Advertisements
    Hello..
    We are scheduled to moved in, next month to Orleck St. housing area -- is this part of Orleck Height? Murphy Canyon?

Also, I got to find out that Cox Cable is not serviceable over this area, it is the Time Warner territory -- is that right?

Need help/ infos. Thank you.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by msmila09 View Post
    Hello..
    We are scheduled to moved in, next month to Orleck St. housing area -- is this part of Orleck Height? Murphy Canyon?

Also, I got to find out that Cox Cable is not serviceable over this area, it is the Time Warner territory -- is that right?

Need help/ infos. Thank you.
    Orleck St is in Orleck Hieghts which is part of Murphy Canyon. Murphy Canyon is broken up into 3 neighborhoods, Aero Ridge, Orleck Heights and Santo Terrace.

and yes it is Time Warner territory.
  3. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by proud HT wife View Post
    Orleck St is in Orleck Hieghts which is part of Murphy Canyon. Murphy Canyon is broken up into 3 neighborhoods, Aero Ridge, Orleck Heights and Santo Terrace.

and yes it is Time Warner territory.

Thank you "Proud Ht wife"!
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    You're welcome
  5. Senior Member
    i have 2 questions:
    I thought I read somewhere that housing lets you know 30 days prior when there is going to be housing available for you- so does that mean that they tell you 30 days before that they have housing ready and then give you a call once it is ready? I thought they just called you when it was ready.

Murphy Canyon folks: As far as the 3 different housing areas, what is the difference between them. Officers, senior enlisted, etc? We are E6 and have 1 dog- is there a certain neighborhood that we would be assigned to?

Thank you for all your help in advance!

Getting very excited for the move- only 2 more weeks!
  6. Senior Member
    we just got offered a 3 bedroom in santo terrace
    do they all have dens?
    thanks for the pics!
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by jab79 View Post
    i have 2 questions:
    I thought I read somewhere that housing lets you know 30 days prior when there is going to be housing available for you- so does that mean that they tell you 30 days before that they have housing ready and then give you a call once it is ready? I thought they just called you when it was ready.

Murphy Canyon folks: As far as the 3 different housing areas, what is the difference between them. Officers, senior enlisted, etc? We are E6 and have 1 dog- is there a certain neighborhood that we would be assigned to?

Thank you for all your help in advance!

Getting very excited for the move- only 2 more weeks!
    The only phone call I got was to tell me that they had a house for me and what the address was.

As far as rank in the neighborhoods, enlisted is all mixed together. Officer housing is on the other side of the main road. All of Murphy Canyon allows pets so there would not be one perticular neighborhood that you were given over the other.

As for the question directly about Santo housing, I'm not sure since I live in Aero, but I'm sure some of these other ladies will have the answer for that one!
  8. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Naval Base San Diego/32nd Street (PCSing to Indian Head, MD in August)

Mail?

Okay...this may sound like a strange question, but it crossed my mind as I was paying bills this morning...Does Murphy Canyon-Orleck have a mail route with boxes or do I need to look into getting a P.O. Box? If so, anyone know what post office that would be? I know pretty much nothing about the area so just thought I'd see if any of you guys do! Thanks!!
  9. Queen of Boyville
    Queen of Boyville
    I live in Aero, now, but here are my Santo Terrace 4bdrm pics...

Outside the house

When first walk in

Livingroom

Diningroom

Small Ass Kitchen

PlayRoom

Downstairs Half Bath

Upstairs Hallway

Bedroom#1

Kids' Bathroom

Bedroom#2

Bedroom#3

Master Bedroom

Master Bathroom (oh how I miss thee)

10. Queen of Boyville
    Queen of Boyville
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs_B View Post
    Okay...this may sound like a strange question, but it crossed my mind as I was paying bills this morning...Does Murphy Canyon-Orleck have a mail route with boxes or do I need to look into getting a P.O. Box? If so, anyone know what post office that would be? I know pretty much nothing about the area so just thought I'd see if any of you guys do! Thanks!!
    There are mailboxes there and as mail route. The closest post office is at the end of the mail road, Santo, in a little strip mall type area. Course took me almost a year to realize it was there. I kept going to the Mission Valley Mall to use their post office. LOL
Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast