Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: SD-Murphy Canyon Residents

1. PurpleReign
    PurpleReign

Hello SD-Murphy Canyon Residents

Advertisements
    Does your housing come with a washer and dryer or were you able to hook up your own?
    Got an Angel watchin' over me, keepin' me from all hurt harm and danger...

-The Clark Sisters
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    The unit that we are in currently came with a washer and dryer. The other 3 that we were in did not. We had our own when we moved in here but they wouldn't remove the ones here so we sold ours
    Visit my Etsy shop - All Ribboned Out
    Guy meets girl
  3. PurpleReign
    PurpleReign

Quote Originally Posted by Ste9 View Post
    The unit that we are in currently came with a washer and dryer. The other 3 that we were in did not. We had our own when we moved in here but they wouldn't remove the ones here so we sold ours
    The other units that you were in, were they Murphy Canyon units? My DH and I are going to be putting our names on the list for Murphy Canyon and are trying to figure out if we should be shopping for a washer and dryer or not. Is something wrong with the houses that you had to move that many times in that area? Hopefully nothing going on like this base.

-The Clark Sisters
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    They were all in Murphy Canyon. We went from a four bedroom to a five bedroom. 4 months later they decided that they were renovating the 5 bedroom that we were in so they moved us to a different 5 bedroom, then we bought a house that we lived in for 4 years. The house had toxic mold in it plus numerous other issues that the sellers never disclosed so we moved back into a 5 bedroom in housing.
    Guy meets girl
  5. Junior Member
    we just moved in two weeks ago into a 3 bdrm and we have a washer and dryer. We love our house!
  6. PurpleReign
    PurpleReign

Quote Originally Posted by Ste9 View Post
    They were all in Murphy Canyon. We went from a four bedroom to a five bedroom. 4 months later they decided that they were renovating the 5 bedroom that we were in so they moved us to a different 5 bedroom, then we bought a house that we lived in for 4 years. The house had toxic mold in it plus numerous other issues that the sellers never disclosed so we moved back into a 5 bedroom in housing.

Well, that explains a lot! I'm glad it isn't the issue that I hear about here. People have told me about sewers backing up into their showers and stuff like that. I really want to get a front loading washer and dryer. My kids LOVE them, and I have to admit, I do to. But it sounds like we will have to use the ones in housing. Do they hold out pretty well?

-The Clark Sisters
  7. PurpleReign
    PurpleReign

Quote Originally Posted by usmcwife2 View Post
    we just moved in two weeks ago into a 3 bdrm and we have a washer and dryer. We love our house!
    I am praying that when we move out there later this year it won't take very long to get a house. My DH found the contractors website:

http://www.clarkrealty.com/project.asp?pid=21762292

They make it look really nice.

-The Clark Sisters
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    The houses shown there are officer housing. The houses are really nice. Most of the enlisted housing is duplex or fourplex. The community centers are nice as well
    Guy meets girl
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Ours came with one, but I'd save the money for the washer and dryer just incase. I've heard of some units not having them
  10. Senior Member
    We are in Orleck, and we didn't get a washer dryer in our unit. It just had the hook-ups. We already owned one though, so it wasn't a big deal to us.