Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: :-(

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

:-(

Advertisements
    The kids can't stay in the Coronado School District. I had a meeting with the assistant to the superintendent, and she said that it just can't be done.

I don't even want to break it to my oldest. She's going to be so disappointed.
  2. To die and come back as a leotard?
    To die and come back as a leotard?
    Blog Entries
    oh man, that sucks. I the schools out here...
  3. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    That sucks, especially since she's gonna be bummed about leaving her friends. When is the end of school for this year?

The schools down here are great though and I'm sure she'll make new friends pretty easily.

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    The thing is, is that they could probably work out something for Lana, but not Malcolm. I won't have my kids in two separate districts though, so she must transfer when we move.

The assistant told me that if we were moving anywhere else, she would be concerned and would try to work something out. But according to her, Eastlake's district is just as good as Coronado's (and from the research that I've done, I'm inclined to think better. Coronado is lazy and disorganized), and our kids won't suffer at all curriculum wise. She lives in Eastlake, and all of her children attended those schools, and her grandkids are there now.

That made me feel so much better. As an employee, she had the opportunity to put her family in the Coronado district, and she still chose Eastlake.

She did tell me though that there's a lot of transfer students taking up spots in those schools, so I need to go and enroll them asap for the upcoming school year. I will do that tomorrow.

I just feel bad that Lana has to leave all of her friends behind. If I could have avoided that, I would have.
  5. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoaGoddess View Post
    The thing is, is that they could probably work out something for Lana, but not Malcolm. I won't have my kids in two separate districts though, so she must transfer when we move.

The assistant told me that if we were moving anywhere else, she would be concerned and would try to work something out. But according to her, Eastlake's district is just as good as Coronado's (and from the research that I've done, I'm inclined to think better. Coronado is lazy and disorganized), and our kids won't suffer at all curriculum wise. She lives in Eastlake, and all of her children attended those schools, and her grandkids are there now.

That made me feel so much better. As an employee, she had the opportunity to put her family in the Coronado district, and she still chose Eastlake.

She did tell me though that there's a lot of transfer students taking up spots in those schools, so I need to go and enroll them asap for the upcoming school year. I will do that tomorrow.

I just feel bad that Lana has to leave all of her friends behind. If I could have avoided that, I would have.

Good luck.. we're opting to stay right where we are instead of moving up to Chesterton when he gets sea orders, because I WILL NOT move Cam out of this district if I can avoid it.

At least you're not moving worlds away so she can still meet up with her friends.. kwim?

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

6. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    THe schools are good in the district you're moving to. I 'd the schools I went too. Eastlake High is fantastic too, although I graduated from Bonita.

Eb!
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    so you found a place? It's not like your PC's ing or something, she can still see them on weekends/summer/school breaks if they are so inclined to meet up some how. Don't feel bad.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Yeah, she won't be that far from her friends, and actually a couple of them live in Chula Vista (not Eastlake or Otay) and they attend the Middle school on district transfers--so she might be able to keep in touch with a few of them.

Like the rest of us, she is thrilled just to be getting the hell out of Coronado, and she hasn't even been to Eastlake yet, so I know she'll LOVE living so close to malls and restaurants and whatnot. She'll be able to walk to the theater instead of bumming a ride from her old Mama every week.
    Banned
    Growing up in a small town in NorCal, I saw almost every single district transfer be approved.

I'm so sorry that yours weren't.
  10. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    I'm sorry Ebbie.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast