Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Any Monterey ladies?

1. Regular Member

Smile Any Monterey ladies?

Advertisements

Hey gals. I was addicted to this site during the boot camp transition, and now I'm back trying to figure some things out.

My boy joined the Air Force, and now he is training to be a Linguist at DLI in the beautiful city of Monterey. I have flown out twice so far since his January graduation and looking to move out there if possible.

I have searched craigslist for jobs, rentals, etc. And I'm hoping to get a different perspective.

I'm trying to look for a Military friendly room to rent. From either a Military family or one who is familiar with the situation. I would only need it temporarily as we are hoping to get Married soon after. Soon meaning about three monthish.

If anyone knows of the right place to look, etc. I would be very appreciative.

Thank you gals!

I would give up everything to be where I am right now, except you. You're the only one getting me through all this. - my soon-to-be airman.

ilovemyairman24's wifey
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I'm out here right now...the cost of living is pretty high and jobs are fairly scarce. The unemployment rate here is fairly high, and in a nearby town is as high as 26%. I've been here since January and have been applying for jobs since November and didn't even get my first interview till last week. I have my Masters and have been applying for anything and everything. Its rough out here employment wise in my opinion..its also hard cause a lot of military spouses are here very temporarily or just as long as their spouse is in language school. Good luck when you get here. I'm sure its doable and you'll be able to figure something out.
  3. Regular Member
    Currently I've been scouting for my line on work. (I'm a professional nanny/housekeeper) and I have had a lot of responses interested in what I do. I offer to do sign language, german, spanish (simple), etc.

I'm just trying to find a temporary place to stay and that seems to be the hardest. A lot of people don't want to rent to someone when they are interviewing so far away.

We are wanting to get married but I want to be in CA first....it's just how to go about doing all that, ya know? Gah!

Monterey is such a beautiful place, though. It is awesome. I wish I was there two months ago instead of spending 600+ on a weekend! lol. Silly, silly.

I would give up everything to be where I am right now, except you. You're the only one getting me through all this. - my soon-to-be airman.

ilovemyairman24's wifey
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    What about live in nanny positions?
  5. Regular Member
    Well those positions usually want a long term commitment. If the boy and I were to be married within a couple weeks/couple months that I am there...then it won't make too much sense to make that live in commitment, ya know?

Boo. hiss. boo. lol.

ilovemyairman24's wifey
  6. Cheeseburger in Paradise
    Cheeseburger in Paradise
    Blog Entries
    I totally missed this but I'm in Monterey. But I'd agree it's hard to get a job out here, though I haven't put in a ton of effort either. It's an expensive area unfortunately.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I'm here too! You knew that though. Let me know if you need anything
  8. Regular Member
    Just looking for a room to rent so if anyone knows of a place, let me know :-)

ilovemyairman24's wifey