Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: SD GALS....do you cross The Bridge?

1. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries

SD GALS....do you cross The Bridge?

Advertisements
    Sooo looks like at the beginning of May my office is officially moving to Coronado. We are moving on May 8th....my birthday, go figure . Anyway. So starting the 11th my commute will be onto Coronado via the bridge everyday, my office will be about 1 block before the Hotel Del. Do any of you gals cross that bridge in the mornings or the afternoons? I'm going to need to figure out the best time to cross to attempt to get the best flow of traffic. As of now I need to be at work at 8am, so I'm wondering if I need to be at the bridge by 7:30 or earlier, I don't know, argh! I get out at 4:30, so wondering how freakin long its gonna take me to get home
  2. Banned
    Banned
    i have seen the bridge in the mornings and its always crowded...i know sometimes if there is an accident on the bridge they can close it and you might have to take the strand...i got stuck on there once when there was an accident and i was sitting there for 20mins..
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I have to drive my husband to work every morning, and we take the bridge. It's really crowded at about 5:30, and it starts to thin out around 7:00. If I see it backed up on my way back from dropping my husband off, I just drive the extra six or seven miles and take the 75 to get home.
  4. To die and come back as a leotard?
    To die and come back as a leotard?
    Blog Entries
    I'll wave at you as you go by every day I can see the bridge from my living room
  5. Senior Member
    I cross the bridge every day as I work on base. Traffic varies. When both carriers are in the traffic is more likely to be heavy. It only takes one accident or stalled vehicle to screw everything up and then it remains screwed up until after 8, easy. Some days when I KNOW it is going to be heavy (watching the news) I will go all the way south and come up the strand rather than sit waiting to cross the bridge. It adds about 25 minutes to my commute, but I HATE sitting in traffic.

At some point in the future they are supposed to move a third carrier there, so be ready for traffic to be even worse then.
    Last edited by mek2004; 04-11-2009 at 09:22 AM. Reason: For Opsec (after consultation with hubster)
  6. Banned
    Banned
    We take the stand. We live right here by it though. So we never hit traffic on it. I hear the bridge can get congested in the morning.
  7. MrsSabsBaby <3
    MrsSabsBaby <3
    I drive DH to work at 6:40-7:00 and it's ALWAYS CROWDED!!! it sucks!
    Pregnant With A Baby Boy!! <3
  8. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I have lived in Coronado for 6 years and have always taken the bridge.

The bridge is closer to my house, than driving down Orange to the Strand way.
    Last edited by brwneyedgirl; 05-24-2009 at 01:46 PM.
  9. I'm his superwoman
    I'm his superwoman

I used to cross every morning. You want to get to the bridge by 7. That will allow you time in case there is an accident or something. It starts getting crowded again at 730 because of the people who have to be at work at 8 (from what I remember).

As far as the afternoon, you are going to hit traffic at 4:30 PM no matter what. However, it's better than if you got off at 3 or else you would be on the bridge forever.

Siggy is no more
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    My DH would drive the Silver Strand when he was working the Range at NAB Coronado, much faster, even tho it was a bit longer mileage wise.