Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Village at NTC

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie

The Village at NTC

Advertisements
    To all you ladies who live at NTC...how long did you wait for a two bedroom? When did you move in? We are getting there in Aug and hoping that the darn wait time gets shorter.
  2. Junior Member
    We got a 3 bedroom and our wait was 2 months. I know that doesn't help much but you can check the lincoln military site and it gives you approximate times.
  3. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    We did not wait even though the posted wait times state 5-7 months. I walked in and told the representative from Lincoln at the Housing office I would only accept housing at the The Village at NTC and was willing to wait. I was offered 3 different addresses to go get the keys and look at that day. This was just a few weeks back and we moved in April 3rd. So, yes they have stated wait times but those are not set in stone.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CAGirl26 View Post
    We did not wait even though the posted wait times state 5-7 months. I walked in and told the representative from Lincoln at the Housing office I would only accept housing at the The Village at NTC and was willing to wait. I was offered 3 different addresses to go get the keys and look at that day. This was just a few weeks back and we moved in April 3rd. So, yes they have stated wait times but those are not set in stone.
    Exactly! They never can be sure when they may have a large turnover in housing thus making more units available for move-in.
    "What's so good about good-bye? It is good to be reminded that life is brief, at best, with no dress rehearsals, and the seasons we are privileged to share together are even more fleeting. Good-bye is good if it teaches us to cherish the life and breath, strength and sound mind, and the moments we are allowed to walk side by side with a friend. Good-bye is good if, in that difficult moment, we stand still long enough to give thanks to God for the lessons we've learned together, the love given, and the love received, recognizing that these are gifts from the hand of God." ~Marshele Carter Waddell
  5. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I think the wait will be longer for us because we only rate a 2 bedroom. it sucks that people with more kids don't have to wait as long. it is the same way on KMCB Hawaii. The wait for a 2 bedrrom is always longer. Maybe we will hit the jack pot and get a 3 bedroom by accident. Yeah...and then i woke up. lol
  6. Yup... you STILL suck!
    Yup... you STILL suck!
    Blog Entries
    We have a three bedroom as well.. and we had our house here before dh even left Japan.. there are people that I know that have had NO wait at all... I know that there are a few ships and subs that are newly home ported here and that is maybe why there was/has been a wait

The true hypocrite is the one who ceases to perceive his deception, the one who lies with sincerity. ~André Gide
  7. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiden&Mike View Post
    I think the wait will be longer for us because we only rate a 2 bedroom. it sucks that people with more kids don't have to wait as long. it is the same way on KMCB Hawaii. The wait for a 2 bedrrom is always longer. Maybe we will hit the jack pot and get a 3 bedroom by accident. Yeah...and then i woke up. lol
    Just a heads up we moved in to a 2 bedroom with no wait. We only have 1 child so we only rate a 2 bedroom as well.
  8. Junior Member
    We wanted a 4 bedroom in Gateway since we have 3 kids but the wait was 9 months to a year and we weren't willing to wait that long. So we went with a 3 bedroom.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maaree View Post
    We have a three bedroom as well.. and we had our house here before dh even left Japan.. there are people that I know that have had NO wait at all... I know that there are a few ships and subs that are newly home ported here and that is maybe why there was/has been a wait
    True. DH is part of a larger precom that will be homeported there in San Diego. I know our families started moving right after the holiday and there will be families moving that way throughout the year. We are all on waitlist already, so I'm sure that combined with other commands are increasing wait times. OP, I hope you get a surprise upon check-in and get right into a house.
    "What's so good about good-bye? It is good to be reminded that life is brief, at best, with no dress rehearsals, and the seasons we are privileged to share together are even more fleeting. Good-bye is good if it teaches us to cherish the life and breath, strength and sound mind, and the moments we are allowed to walk side by side with a friend. Good-bye is good if, in that difficult moment, we stand still long enough to give thanks to God for the lessons we've learned together, the love given, and the love received, recognizing that these are gifts from the hand of God." ~Marshele Carter Waddell
  10. Senior Member
    It's not about the number of kids per se`. It is what size unit you qualify for and the housing area you desire to live in. We qualify for a 4 bedroom and the wait times vary greatly from area to area. Some areas it was a 2 year wait, others we could move in now if we were in the area.

ETA: Don't get too frustrated about it. You may not have to wait at all. No need to borrow worry from tomorrow ya know?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast