Account Closed

SD Peeps--Take a Look-See at this

Advertisements
  2. Suck it, Trebek!
    Suck it, Trebek!
    Whaaaaaat?!
  3. I'm his superwoman
    I'm his superwoman

Seriously Eb can you break it down for me? It looks like houses are hella expensive still. Like almost $400,000.00 ($387) / That is a lot! Does the link state that the housing market will go back up in 2010? If so, that is bad news. I was hoping that houses would keep going down so that i may have a fighting chance to owining a home in Cali. With only one income there is no way DH and I can buy a house right now. But if the prices were to keep going down, then we would be able to buy a house. This economy sucks!
    Siggy is no more
  4. Senior Member

5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Hands Full View Post
    Seriously Eb can you break it down for me? It looks like houses are hella expensive still. Like almost $400,000.00 ($387) / That is a lot! Does the link state that the housing market will go back up in 2010? If so, that is bad news. I was hoping that houses would keep going down so that i may have a fighting chance to owining a home in Cali. With only one income there is no way DH and I can buy a house right now. But if the prices were to keep going down, then we would be able to buy a house. This economy sucks!
    Well, the 387,000 number is from 2008, and housing prices have fallen significantly since then. From 2007 to 2008 alone, they fell almost 30%. When you couple that with the fact that since 2006, they've fallen 42%, which doesn't really show a trend, but a massive, once in a generation hit to the housing market.

Economists are predicting that the housing market will continue to fall through the remainder in the year, and start to stabilize by the first quarter of next year, although there is no real way to determine that. Once it finally hits bottom, the prices will reflect those of the year 2000, which is staggering. All of the progress that was made for the better part of the decade is pretty much wasted.

I don't know you and your husband's financial situation of course, but the market is so ridiculous right now that you might find yourself surprised at what kind of house you and your husband can afford. I know we were VERY surprised.

Just in general, what price sounds "reasonable" to you? I agree that 400 grand for a house is very pricey and unaffordable, but tell me what you would like to pay for a house?
  6. Independent Beachbody Coach
    Independent Beachbody Coach
    300 is reasonable to me out here....

We found one for less, but from all our searching before buying...the decent homes/neighborhoods seemed to be right around 300k
  7. Senior Member
    thanks for posting the article! if we end up staying here, it looks like the time we were thinking about buying a condo would be PERFECT (a year from now)
  8. I'm his superwoman
    I'm his superwoman

Quote Originally Posted by CocoaGoddess View Post
    Well, the 387,000 number is from 2008, and housing prices have fallen significantly since then. From 2007 to 2008 alone, they fell almost 30%. When you couple that with the fact that since 2006, they've fallen 42%, which doesn't really show a trend, but a massive, once in a generation hit to the housing market.

Economists are predicting that the housing market will continue to fall through the remainder in the year, and start to stabilize by the first quarter of next year, although there is no real way to determine that. Once it finally hits bottom, the prices will reflect those of the year 2000, which is staggering. All of the progress that was made for the better part of the decade is pretty much wasted.

I don't know you and your husband's financial situation of course, but the market is so ridiculous right now that you might find yourself surprised at what kind of house you and your husband can afford. I know we were VERY surprised.

Just in general, what price sounds "reasonable" to you? I agree that 400 grand for a house is very pricey and unaffordable, but tell me what you would like to pay for a house?
    Ohhhhhhhhhh, that makes a lot more sense.

Coming from a place where you could ALWAYS buy a home for 100,000 3bed 2 bath minumum.........SD is just plain expensive to me.

Since the market SUCKS sooooo bad right now, I was having hopes and dreams of payinng 200-230k for a house....3bed 2 bad minimum. Of course I understand that it wouldn't be in Murphy Canyon, but it wouldn't be San Ysidro either ya know? We found TONS of condos for less but we wanted a single family home. We actually qualified for 400k, we just didn't want to pay that much because it would put us in a bind..........thank GOD!! Then I lost my job. Imagine if we would have jumped on a 300k + house and then I lost my job? we would be right along with everyone getting foreclosed on. We had a gut feeling and right now we are good with renting

I just wanted to go back to work after I have the baby (September) and then hopefully purchase a home at the end of the year or early next year. Hopefully the market will still be to where this may be attainable.
    Siggy is no more
  9. Junior Member
    I agree, thanks for posting the article! I'm in the condo/townhouse hunt, and I know how the prices have been dropping just in these last few months. It's a fantastic market if you can afford it!
  10. Yup... you STILL suck!
    Yup... you STILL suck!
    Blog Entries
    that is insane... definitely a good time to start looking..

The true hypocrite is the one who ceases to perceive his deception, the one who lies with sincerity. ~André Gide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast