Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Ft Hood mommas and/or preggos.......

1. Happily ever after, no matter what
    Happily ever after, no matter what
    Blog Entries

Ft Hood mommas and/or preggos.......

Advertisements
    Ok, who has delivered at Darnell here at Ft Hood, or is anyone planning on doing so? My referral was kicked back and landed at Darnell because "as long as they have doctor's available you HAVE to be seen there"
    I don't know much about MTF's but what I have heard is not the greatest.
    I am hoping someone here can share some advice and maybe some reassurance on the mid wives, doctors and such. Also, my biggest concern is if they advocate VBACs.....I am 100% against having to have a c-section without a solid medical reason. I have had a successful VBAC with our youngest and would love another......
    TIA ladies __________________

Wife to Jay, Momma to
    Chelsey
    (17) Thomas (13) Jake (9)
    Aidan (4)

2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I delivered there in 2007 and love it. Darnall has one of the best L&D centers there is and I would have another child there any day. Everyone was super nice, the rooms were awesome and they seemed to really care. I think that the only way they do c-sections is if it is medically necessary. They shouldnt just do one for the heck of it. Some people dont like Darnall and some do and I a mone of the ones who did. My midwife was great although she wasnt there for the delivery the midwife who was was awesome. They had to call in some special doctors for the delivery because everytime I had a contraction my daughters heart rate would drop severely. But they were awesome. If you have any other questions just message me.
  3. lord help us all!
    lord help us all!
    honostly, i wasn't a big fan of it. it wasn't awful. but if you get a nurse...jean-baptiste i think is how its spelled. i would try to get a different one!!! she was my MAIN issue with delivering there. and they only had one midwife there to deliver, so i had a nurse for most of my delivery, then they had to go track down a real doctor to finish the delivery. that was wonderful...ok he's JUST about out, hang on while we find someone. i did like that they don't have nursery, the baby just stays with you the whole time. and they only had one team doing epi's. so if you are wanting one, you might have to be a bitch to get it in a reasonable amount of time. they told me they were going to give me mine, the dr came in, left then over an hour later had not come back. it took forever to get it! and the nurse was trying to not give me anything else for the pain. the rooms are kind of small, but single. so not much room for visitors. and def take your own pillow! all they have is those icky plastic ones. my room was quite warm too. i had a couple of amazing nurses too though. ohhh and pictures! make sure you check and make sure they get your newborn pics done before the lady leaves!!! we had to take Logan back in for his, because the lady never came to do them. and we even asked about them and made sure the staff knew we wanted them! but i am telling you, if you get jean-baptiste really try to get a new nurse!!! she sat there and was telling us how she can't make it in the civilian world because if you mess up you get fired, in the army they council you. ok...not something to be telling a new mom! and i don't think she understands english very well. and i couldn't understand her most of the time either.
  4. Happily ever after, no matter what
    Happily ever after, no matter what
    Blog Entries
    Oh wow. I think I may accidentally be out of town, and no where near another MTF when i go into labor.....LOL

Wife to Jay, Momma to
    Chelsey
    (17) Thomas (13) Jake (9)
    Aidan (4)

5. Mommy of 2 Boys!
    Mommy of 2 Boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by missybee77 View Post
    Oh wow. I think I may accidentally be out of town, and no where near another MTF when i go into labor.....LOL
    LOL!

I'll be going to all my appointments here but won't be delivering. We're moving when i'm 33 weeks...woohoo!

My referral also got kicked back from civilian doctors to go to Darnall. This is my first time EVER going there since all of my other doctors are civilians.

I was amazed at how huge the clinic is. In Japan, we only had 1 receptionist...haha. Here...they have 8 counters! I was so confused...haha. Anyway, Ms. Eberhardt is one of the midwives and she's great! I've seen her a few times now and I like her a lot. =)
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by missybee77 View Post
    Lol. What sucks big time is after you are so far along you can't even go an hour away in case you go into labor. Because if you do go they won't cover it. I was going crazy the last few weeks of pregnancy.