Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Info on San Diego and surrounding areas

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    I the east county (in the mountains) Manly because I grew up there and I love the country feeling. There are certain parts of El Cajon and Lakeside I wont live in , but the unicorperated parts are good.

El cajon has some nice areas like, Granite Hills, Fletcher Hills , Blossom Valley, Crest, Rancho San Diego.

Lakeside is a nice town as long as you stay away from the middle of the town. I love te eucalyptus hills and going toward Barona area.

My Ideal place to buy a house would be Alpine ,and I also love Pine valley, Julian , Descanso , and surrounding areas , but DH doesn't drive that far to work
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I'm a San Diego native. My favorite areas are Carlsbad and Encinitas, but where I would most want to buy a house is in Rancho Bernardo or Poway, because of the schools.
    Aubrey

RIP Jeremy 3/17/78 - 1/16/09
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by mary79 View Post
    I the east county (in the mountains) Manly because I grew up there and I love the country feeling. There are certain parts of El Cajon and Lakeside I wont live in , but the unicorperated parts are good.

El cajon has some nice areas like, Granite Hills, Fletcher Hills , Blossom Valley, Crest, Rancho San Diego.

Lakeside is a nice town as long as you stay away from the middle of the town. I love te eucalyptus hills and going toward Barona area.

My Ideal place to buy a house would be Alpine ,and I also love Pine valley, Julian , Descanso , and surrounding areas , but DH doesn't drive that far to work

I want to move to Alpine too, tell you what you move there first and I'll follow Seriously though I've included that in our house hunting.
  4. Wah Its called life idiot
    Wah Its called life idiot
    The only area that counts in this city is Poway. Every where else is just rubbish trash

I prefer the Poway school district over SDSD because the property taxes in Poway go to Poway schools and there aren't a million and a half of them either like the city.

5. Wah Its called life idiot
    Wah Its called life idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by mary79 View Post

My mom's bestie lives in Descanso. Has 15 acres that came with so much cool junk that the kids and I can spend hours digging through. Still 10 yrs later and the piles keep getting bigger

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy_Gurl View Post
    My mom's bestie lives in Descanso. Has 15 acres that came with so much cool junk that the kids and I can spend hours digging through. Still 10 yrs later and the piles keep getting bigger
    I would love to live on 15 acres .
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ma*Becca View Post
    I want to move to Alpine too, tell you what you move there first and I'll follow Seriously though I've included that in our house hunting.
    We use to live out there when we first got married. It was so nice living up there!
    we looked at a house there recently , but I didn't like the layout of the land. It would be so cool if we both found houses there and could be neighbors!
  8. Proud Seabee wife!
    Proud Seabee wife!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy_Gurl View Post
    The only area that counts in this city is Poway. Every where else is just rubbish trash

I prefer the Poway school district over SDSD because the property taxes in Poway go to Poway schools and there aren't a million and a half of them either like the city.
    Yup I agree. I love this district.
  9. PurpleReign
    PurpleReign

Big Grin SO MUCH GOOD INFO YOU ALL HAVE!!!!

OMG!!!! So much to read and learn. Where is the best place to get a really good map so that I know where all of these places are so me and DH won't get lost and I know where everyone is talking about? I mean, I know the typical mapquest, yahoo maps and all of those, but do any of you know a particular place to get a nice map for a San Diego VIRGIN?'
    I look at all of this info (as good as it is) and kinda flinch....it's so much
    Last edited by PurpleRain; 04-19-2009 at 11:45 PM.
    Got an Angel watchin' over me, keepin' me from all hurt harm and danger...

-The Clark Sisters
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hey ladies well I have only been in San Diego since Nov 2008 but the area I live i HAS to be the WORST!! You ready for it... LOL I live 1 exit North of the BORDER!! yes I am inbetween Coronado Ave and the Border!! I live off the 905! I mean we have not had any problems since we have been here (my husband has been here since 09/07) and we have never had any problems except if you like hearing Border Patrol Sirens at all hours of the day, and the Border Patrol capturing illegals right outside my back gate.... I mkean its great LOL We are buying a house and it is going to be in Otay Lakes that place is perfect, aside from Coronado Island which we could never afford!!

SJ
    Sabrina J
    *Wife to Joshua 10/10/2014
    **Mommie to Skylyn Elizabeth 06/19/03
    ***Mommie to Justus Melia 07/27/2009
    ****Mommie to Kai Anthony 08/14/2010
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast