Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: San Antonio / Fort Sam Houston

1. Member

San Antonio / Fort Sam Houston

Advertisements
    DH will be there soon for AIT and I plan to move there to be near him. Any suggestions on where I should rent? I've heard the area around base isn't so good... what about converse? a better option?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I moved down there to be with my DH when he was in AIT(I saw him every night and all weekend after the first three weeks! It's based on behavior so tell yoru man to be good). We rented over in the medical center, it's a little ways across town but we got a gorgeous place for under $600!
  3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta View Post
    I moved down there to be with my DH when he was in AIT(I saw him every night and all weekend after the first three weeks! It's based on behavior so tell yoru man to be good). We rented over in the medical center, it's a little ways across town but we got a gorgeous place for under $600!
    What was his MO? is it MO or MOS?
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 68Wife View Post
    What was his MO? is it MO or MOS?
    MOS. Military Occupational Specialty (I think that's right).
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I can't help you, but I'm keeping an eye on this thread as well. We might be moving down there, so I want to know too.
    really? who the heck said that? i used to live 5 mins from ft sam and i loved it! san antonio is really a great city. i hope you love it there. i would recommend going to mysa.com see if you can find anything on there. the best thing about san anto is that you can be 9 miles from the city center and be in the middle of the country (atleast that was my favorite part). if you have any questions at all, just send me a message. i'll do my best to help you out.

billy: you are more than a princess though......you're also all i think about!
  7. Senior Member
    Ft. Sam is a very big base and has several gates. I suppose depending on what gate you would be coming out of......would depend on the area. I know they have some nice looking apartments right outside of the benz engleman gate, they are fairly new. We live in Converse off of FM 78. It doesn't take that long to get to Ft. Sam, even though we are closer to Randolph.
  8. I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
    I see the light at the end of the tunnel...
    Born and raised in San Antonio... and currently living here while DH is deployed, so if you need scoop on the city... I can help! Personally, I have never liked the area around Ft. Sam, although the city is working on it. I was looking into the Silver Rock apartments. They're a ways from Ft. Sam, but very nice. The pool area is great, and they have an awesome little gym there. It's a very large community. I'm not sure how much they're running... haven't looked that far into it yet... but anyways, like I said... if you have questions or need help... I'm your gal!
    TTFN. Ta-ta for now MSOS.
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I passed by the area of Ft. Sam cause my roomie lives near there. I liked it but we were driving by and it is beautiful!!

and I lived in San Antonio for a year. I love the city, can't wait to go back , hopefully the DF gets sent there..

Good luck!

and enjoy!!

10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CubLub63 View Post
    Born and raised in San Antonio... and currently living here while DH is deployed, so if you need scoop on the city... I can help! Personally, I have never liked the area around Ft. Sam, although the city is working on it. I was looking into the Silver Rock apartments. They're a ways from Ft. Sam, but very nice. The pool area is great, and they have an awesome little gym there. It's a very large community. I'm not sure how much they're running... haven't looked that far into it yet... but anyways, like I said... if you have questions or need help... I'm your gal!
    I was born and raised there as well !!!

Ft sam area isnt so bad but i like the 410 side of it better near harry wurzbach and i lived in medical center foreverrrrrrrrrrrr and loved it
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast