Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Little Rock AFB

1. Jenny, Jenny Who Can I Turn To
    Jenny, Jenny Who Can I Turn To

Little Rock AFB

Advertisements
    Just wanted to see if anyone was stationed at Little Rock AFB. DH got orders in January and we are supposed to be in Little Rock by the end of June. This will be our first PCS. We are so happy to get out of here! I'll miss my house and friends but that's part of the military life. Lol. Anyway just wanted to say hi and see if there was anyone already there!
    chicalelo, camandcmh, and Love_my_airmanNP are my Sister Wives
  2. Jenny, Jenny Who Can I Turn To
  3. Proud Mommy and lovin my Airman
    Proud Mommy and lovin my Airman
    my bf is currently stationed there and i live about 15 mins from there.nice to meet you.
  4. Jenny, Jenny Who Can I Turn To
    Cool. Are you from that area? We are excited to move. We've been here way to long. Lol.
  5. Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    Darkly Dreaming Dexter
    WE've lived in Arkansas for yeeeears - my hubbs is stationed at Camp Robinson, though.

LRAFB is pretty - I've never been to another base-area so I really have nothing to compare it to, social activity wise and so on. But the nature is invitiing - a large lake, lots of trees, a golf course and so on.
    The surrounding area is Jacksonville - an old town but it has all you need. 20 minutes south is North Little Rock/Little Rock (two different towns - I didn't know that until after I lived in Little Rock for 5 years ). Cabot and Searcy to the North.
    Little Rock is a another small "city" - most people from a mega city like Dallas or NY wouldn't consider it a city at all. It has a growing college and all teh city-necessities but a meager "club" life for people who like to go out at night.

Arkansas in general is all about nature - most of Arkansas is an oven during the summer and a marsh all year round. If you like camping and outdoor activities you'll find there's never a dull moment.

Hot Springs (south west of little rock) is a great get-away town. The name speaks for itself - it's known for it's hot springs that bubble from the ground. It's centered aroudn tourism so it has a lot of gift shops and so on - it's lovely. You can, also, book a real 'old world' spa treatment that I highly suggest!

Eureka Springs (north east) is also known for it's hot springs - and their Passion fo the Chrsit Play every year at Easter. They have a wide-range of gift shops than Hot Springs and it's just a nice place to go for a weekend if you'd like.

And, other than a lot of nature, that's about it - Little Rock has Alltel arena. A small arena but a lot of big-names go there for performances thoughout the year. There's a mall in North Little Rock (McCain Mall) and two in Little Rock (right next to eachtother and one of them is closing down, if it hasn't already) ... there are a lot of opportunities for employment, too.

i hope you enjoy!
    I moved to El Dorado (extreme south arkansas) when I was 13 and went into major culture shock but since you're moving to the city/suburbia I don't think you'll have such an issue.