Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help with job hunting

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

Help help with job hunting

Advertisements
    Ok, I'm posting this here since its obviously area specific. I moved to fallbrook 2 months ago and am having a terrible time finding a job. I'm willing to travel but not too far. If anyone can give me suggestions to finding a job in oceanside, temecula or even fallbrook I would love you forever. I know I could get a job on base but for some reason I dont' feel comfortable working there.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Have you tried nearby malls? Starbucks, grocery stores etc?
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I never thought of malls. I was planning to call around the grocery stores in fallbrook today though.
  4. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries
    What kind of job are you looking for? Craigslist is a good resource to start. Depending on the job, you might have a hard time finding something further north than North County, and might have to travel further than you want to regardless.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sdshorty View Post
    What kind of job are you looking for? Craigslist is a good resource to start. Depending on the job, you might have a hard time finding something further north than North County, and might have to travel further than you want to regardless.
    Well I don't have a degree yet (i'm getting ready to start online classes soon). So I"m only looking for a part time job. Basically something to keep me busy while DH is gone, and to bring an income in until I'm done with school.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    If you're flexible enough, and fortunately with online classes, you can manage to move stuff around pretty easily (unlike a lecture forum class....) Craigslist is a good place, otherwise, try the temp agencies. Or hotjobs.com or monster.com. And depending on what you're studying to do, your chances of getting placed in a temp position doing something that you could put on your resume are far greater!

Yes, this IS my siggy.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kt-did View Post
    If you're flexible enough, and fortunately with online classes, you can manage to move stuff around pretty easily (unlike a lecture forum class....) Craigslist is a good place, otherwise, try the temp agencies. Or hotjobs.com or monster.com. And depending on what you're studying to do, your chances of getting placed in a temp position doing something that you could put on your resume are far greater!
    I have not had any luck with monster, I did see a lot of things for craigslist though.
  8. Rawr!
    Rawr!
    I live out in Fallbrook too! But I haven't had too much luck job wise either. I know last week the cingular? or att store in the albertsons shopping center had a now hiring sign up. maybe check them out?
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SherrBear View Post
    I live out in Fallbrook too! But I haven't had too much luck job wise either. I know last week the cingular? or att store in the albertsons shopping center had a now hiring sign up. maybe check them out?
    Hey thanks for the heads up!! I'm at albertsons almost every day, I guess I should look around more. I will check them out.
  10. Rawr!
    Rawr!
    Haha yeah I've probably run into you a few times then lol. I'm forever in there too!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast