Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Ft Sam Houston base housing

1. ------------------
    ------------------

Ft Sam Houston base housing

Advertisements
    I am bored and looking at housing in San Antonio. I found the website online, but I can't tell which housing is for who. Can you tell me which areas/houses are for senior enlisted?

Ft Sam Houston housing page

Also, any idea if they are nice inside?
  2. Senior Member
    I believe the Harris Heights and Watkins Terrace are enlisted. I know at one point my husband had a guy who had recently been selected as a Chief who lived in the Harris Heights area. They are really nice. Fairly brand new. He might have been and E-6 when moving in though.

I think all the ones that have Post on them are officer housing, some of them are the very high ranking Army officers and commanders there on base.

There is so much new construction going on that base right now it is crazy. In fact, I was just there today at the PX.
  3. ------------------
    ------------------
    Thanks for your help
    My sis is stationed there now, but lives in an apartment off base. (She is single.) She is always complaining about the construction and how she has to take a shuttle from BAMC to her car/parking lot.
  4. Senior Member
    Yeah, they took away all the parking spots of the people who work at BAMC. They have to park at FT. Sam now and ride a shuttle back to BAMC. My neighbor works there and hates the little commute now. Hopefully once they are done it will be really nice at BAMC but that is going to take forever.