Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie looking for info on Gateway Village housing!!!

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    We lived in the OLD Gateway housing, that was demolished to make way for the current Gateway Villiage homes. We also lived in NTC, which has similar floor plans to Gateway. You are going to LOVE the Point Loma area. I know we loved it anyway. In fact, the only reason we are not moving back into Gateway (we are in Mississippi right now but will be back in San Diego in the summer) is because of our two dogs. Gateway does not allow dogs (or cats). There are grocery stores, Henry's (if you love produce this is your store), Target, many other stores, a variety of restaurants, the ocean, the bay, schools, and it is all within minutes of the housing area. My kids attended Dewey, which is right in front of Gateway on Rosecrans. As far as public San Diego schools go, it was one of the better schools (this was 3 years ago though). After living in 2 other public school districts, one in VA and on here in MS, I realize how lacking ALL of the public schools out there are. I am pursuing the magnet school route. I can't help with Pre-k info, because the one my daughter attended is no longer open, but I had friends who used the one within NTC housing and loved it. Good luck with the house hunt!
    "What's so good about good-bye? It is good to be reminded that life is brief, at best, with no dress rehearsals, and the seasons we are privileged to share together are even more fleeting. Good-bye is good if it teaches us to cherish the life and breath, strength and sound mind, and the moments we are allowed to walk side by side with a friend. Good-bye is good if, in that difficult moment, we stand still long enough to give thanks to God for the lessons we've learned together, the love given, and the love received, recognizing that these are gifts from the hand of God." ~Marshele Carter Waddell
  2. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I called Lincoln MH and they said we can't be on the Gateway WL because DH only has two dependents. That sucks! I guess we will try NTC. Does anyone know why Murphy Canyon isn't listed on Lincoln's website?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12