Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Anyone here stationed at Ft. Sill Oklahoma?

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Anyone here stationed at Ft. Sill Oklahoma?

Advertisements
    Hi y'all!

DH and I got orders to go to Ft. Sill Oklahoma in June of this year...I was wondering if any of you are/were stationed there and can share any info about the area that might be helpful for our transition! Any info is much appreciated, TIA!

~Heather~
  2. was with your mom last night.
    was with your mom last night.
    Blog Entries
    Jordan is close to there i think.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. (Benjamin Franklin)
    Quote Originally Posted by helloimkaley View Post
    Lauren wins the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by candypants View Post
    Hey guys. Oh, big gulps, huh? Welp, see ya later.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Good ole Lawton I don't like Lawton too much, but all of the surrounding towns I'm in love with. I'm from Elk City, and DB is stationed at Altus which isn't even an hour away from Ft Sill. There's a halfway decent mall in Lawton though if you like to shop. But if you have specific questions that are just about the area I'm sure I can answer them, I have lots of friends there, and visit often.
  4. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    We were at Schofield and then at Ft Sill and now we just got to Carson. Going from Schofield to Sill is a HUGE change. Be ready to be bored lol. But I loved being at Sill because we are from Tulsa and it is only a 3 hour drive. Not much to do in Lawton but like others have said, OKC and Wichita Falls are only like an hour away. I am not really liking it at Carson and want to go back to Sill...we will see what happens after we are here for a year. Good luck. On post housing takes forever to get on. Huge waiting list.

Amanda