Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Woodlake housing :)

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    eucalyptus ridge is NICE, but IMHO not worth the drive...we lived in El Cajon which is closer to the base and dh HATED the drive...we love Murphy Canyon.
  2. is so happy to have him HOME!!
    is so happy to have him HOME!!
    Blog Entries
    How long is the drive?
    Mommy to Gavin and Tristan
    Wife to Nick.
  3. is so happy to have him HOME!!
    Blog Entries
    Can I just say that I love you ladies, all of you are so helpful to me when it comes to this.
    Wife to Nick.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    From lakeside, becauase you are going with traffic, it can take 60+ minutes. SOmetimes more, sometimes a little less.

Murhpy canyon, here on Miramar etc, we are going against traffic so even tho it seems far, it takes my husband 15 minutes to get to 32nd street from Miramar.

1 thing to keep in mind is if they are offering an incentive to move in like money off bah, wlamart giftcard etc there is usually a reason. I know for Euc ridge, ramona, and a few others it is to cover what you'd be spending in gas. Some places offer it because they have high vacancie, some offer it because they are apartment style etc.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JustMrsJoann View Post
    How long is the drive?
    I dont remember what the mileage was. But we had a Hyundai Sonata at the time and I was having to put gas in it every 4-5 days.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    I dont remember what the mileage was. But we had a Hyundai Sonata at the time and I was having to put gas in it every 4-5 days.
    me too and when we were in el cajon it was the same with the gas when Josh was driving down to the boat everyday...and if you only have 1 car (not sure if you have more than one) it will SUCK especially if you want to drive him to work so you have the car.
  7. is so happy to have him HOME!!
    Blog Entries
    We have 2 cars and he'll be deployed for at least 10 months at a time, so he said he don't mind the drive that he'll have to do..
    Wife to Nick.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaymara View Post
    From lakeside, becauase you are going with traffic, it can take 60+ minutes. SOmetimes more, sometimes a little less.

Murhpy canyon, here on Miramar etc, we are going against traffic so even tho it seems far, it takes my husband 15 minutes to get to 32nd street from Miramar.

1 thing to keep in mind is if they are offering an incentive to move in like money off bah, wlamart giftcard etc there is usually a reason. I know for Euc ridge, ramona, and a few others it is to cover what you'd be spending in gas. Some places offer it because they have high vacancie, some offer it because they are apartment style etc.
    Really?! Hm, I'll have to tell DH about that. He said he didn't mind a drive, but Mapquest puts it at 20ish minutes, and I assumed with traffic it wouldn't be THAT much more. 45 minutes at the most.

Poo.
  9. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    We'll be moving to SD next month as well! I have been on all the housing websites but the decision is sooo hard when you're not there in person! Thanks for all the info ladies!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12