Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: San Diego Ladies

1. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries

San Diego Ladies

Advertisements
    Josh is waiting to get orders to find out if he's going to EO school. EO school is in Missouri. We've researched it online and have found out that he can either go to San Diego CA, Port Heunemes (sp) CA, Gulfport, MS, or he can stay in VA. We want out of VA, we HATE it here. So if any of you can throw me ANY information about San Diego I'd appreciate it.

You can email me at ldhsfalcon@yahoo.com

Thanks, Kristina
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Ok let me start out by saying your chances of him going to Gulfport MS, or Port Hueneme, CA as a new Seabee, an EO at that, are greater because that is where the batallions are (our sea duty) San Diego and Little Creek VA are Amphib units. Port Hueneme is not that bad, even though I am soooo ready to leave here. Let me know if you have any Seabee questions, I more than likely can help.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yeah he is stationed at Little Creek right now on a ship. I told him the only way I'd stay in VA is if we moved out of our current apartment. I don't know anything about seabees so I'm open to any info you can give me. This will definatly be a change from being on a ship.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Wehn they deploy, normally it is to one location and they are there 6 months.... You hardly see sea time, but with an amphib unit it is possible. The Seabees are the Navy' construction force. It can be a whole different life style then the ship board Navy, we actually do make less $$$ as we do not get any sea pay, but we are tight knit community.
  5. Kym
    Just curious but wasn't he suppose to have already been in MO for school a couple of months ago?

Good luck with wherever they send you guys. I know what it is like to hate a place and want out
  6. Proud Seabee wife!
    Proud Seabee wife!
    My hubby is a Seabee...in fact he just left on his deployment out of Hueneme. We live in San Diego and hes been back and forth between Hueneme and San Diego most of his career and so far has not been on a ship. Good luck and if you get San Diego the Seabee group my hubby was with was great.
    Adrienne