Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Moving to San Diego

1. Senior Member

Moving to San Diego

Advertisements
    Hello Ladies..
    We are thinking about moving to the west coast. We have always been on the east coast and want to try something different.
    I was looking at housing in San Diego, but I don't know anything about the area. Are there certain housing to stay away from? Which is the best. I am trying to look at the schools too. I have an daughter that will be in the 4th grade.

Any input would be great!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

The Silver Strand housing is great... I LOVE it here... The ONLY downfall to living here is that you have to drive to get to anywhere.. BUT since you said your daughter will be in school..... They have an elementary school here IN housing... that I almost 10)% positive that is ONLY for people who live in housing! My old neighbors kids went there so I did alot of volunteering there.... They teachers are GREAT and that is one of the best schools around here.......

Heres a webiste for the Strand II but you can look at other housing from that site as well

http://www.lincolnclarkppv.com/silverII.html
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    We moved here from the east coast as well. We wish we would have stayed put on the east coast. But that is my opinion. I like the housing that I am in. Murphy Canyon. There are 2 elem schools here. I love my daughters school! Our location is pretty much smack dab in the middle of San Diego. Which is nice, doesnt take to long to get anywhere.
  4. caligirlnjapan
    Quote Originally Posted by froglove
    The Silver Strand housing is great... I LOVE it here... The ONLY downfall to living here is that you have to drive to get to anywhere.. BUT since you said your daughter will be in school..... They have an elementary school here IN housing... that I almost 10)% positive that is ONLY for people who live in housing!
    No, there's some kids who come in from overflow from Village & from the Cays. The Cays are part of Silver Strand Elementary district. Some of the kids from Coronado it self come in for the multi-age program too, unless they put it in over at Village also!

Hey they still fighting about that maintence building over there? Just curious I know it was still hot news when I left last year!
  5. snow_sprite
    I live over in the Villages of Serra Mesa. Its really nice in my opinion .. its like right up the hill from Murphy Canyon.. theyre brand new and the schools are nice out here.. theres an elementry school right across the street from where I live. Serra Mesa is one of the nicest areas that Ive lived in since Ive been here. One housing Ive heard bad things about is probably Bayview Hills. My friend lives out there and she hates it
  6. Senior Member
    :yeehaw Thank yall so much for the input. If there is more I welcome it. I am looking at all our options.