Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: San Diego

1. Senior Member

San Diego

Advertisements
    For those of you that live, or have lived, in San Diego, how did you like it?

A friend of mine is thinking about moving there w/ her best friend and they mentioned that I should come too. I've been feeling like I want to move away for a few years and experience something different.

It would be nice to have warm, sunny weather more often and my friend thinks the price of living is the same, maybe ever cheaper because there is less heating in the winter.

How's the job market?

This is probably just one of my ideas that will never pan out, but it would be wonderful to try something new...
  2. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    all i have to say is... it's about damn time
  3. I Can See Clearly Now....The S**T Is Gone
    I Can See Clearly Now....The S**T Is Gone
    Honestly cost of living is EXPENSIVE.....granted yes you don't have to heat as much during the winter but depending on where you live you've got to do the AC for a good period of time....also take into account we have some of the highest gas prices in the country and any entertainment type thing you want to do will be costly too...clubs and bars arn't too cheap either....But do what is best for your life...I'm just giving heads up bc i'm from PA and life out here is MUCH different than east coast!
  4. caligirlnjapan
    Quote Originally Posted by diverlindsey
    Honestly cost of living is EXPENSIVE.....granted yes you don't have to heat as much during the winter but depending on where you live you've got to do the AC for a good period of time....also take into account we have some of the highest gas prices in the country and any entertainment type thing you want to do will be costly too...clubs and bars arn't too cheap either....But do what is best for your life...
    I am originally from San Diego, but we've decided if there is anyway possible for us not to return we don't plan on it. As much as both of us love it, it's just too expensive. The only way we'll volunteer to return is if they wake up and give San Diego a damn COLA!
  5. Wah Its called life idiot
    Wah Its called life idiot
    I am a native fo this city. Born and raised here. Honest opinon.. I hate it. It's not worth it imo. If I had a choice to up and move somewhere else today I would without a second thought. Cost of living is horrible. Traffic is horrible. Daycare costs are horrible. People are rude and always impatient for things. Not a place to raise children. Schools in the diego district are semi okay depending on where you live. Everything here is always bout outdoing the next person and it constantly trickles down to everyone no matter how hard you try to avoid this lifestyle.

All in all I hate it but make the best because we're stuck here for another 3 yrs

6. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    My hubby and I want to go back there... yea it's expensive but we are used to the prices in Hawaii which is where we grew up so it didnt seem too bad to us. Then again we are in Texas right now and San Diego is the only other place we have been stationed and since we hate texas we cant wait to go back to anywhere in Cali lol. I want to be on the west coast again.
  7. Senior Member
    We were stationed there. It was O.K. but it isn't a place I'd chose to go back to. Between the traffic, high cost of living, cost of gas, etc... We'd rather go some place else.
  8. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    What I think Lauren is... You don't have any attachments back home other than to be with your family which I think is good but sometimes you want to do things on your own and experience new things, I would say go for it. Just make sure you have a place to move in and if you will have to start paying rent right away or what so you can plan ahead of time and save for that. When I moved from Puerto Rico I planned everything in mmmm 2 weeks and when I moved to Maine it was the same way. I always thought if it doesnt work out I can always move back. I think you are in a perfect time in your life to experience something like this.