Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Murphy Canyon housing questions

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Advertisements
    So, I've been searching the archives for info on Murphy Canyon, but I still have questions.

First of all, does anyone have pictures/a floor plan of a 3 bedroom house they would be willing to share? We're currently #50 on the waiting list and scheduled to move out to SD in early September (depending on DH's training schedule). We've already jumped 8 spots in a week- is that common?

How is the housing area layed out? Like a traditional neighborhood or more like a community? I'm trying to find out what to expect, since the housing office is ZERO help.

I've read they were in the process of installing A/C in the homes- is that ongoing?

Lastly, for those of you who live there, do you like it/hate it/wish you lived somewhere else?

Thank you very much
    Last edited by molly&mark; 07-01-2008 at 11:09 PM. Reason: ETA: rephrased question
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by molly&mark View Post
    So, I've been searching the archives for info on Murphy Canyon, but I still have questions.

First of all, does anyone have pictures/a floor plan of a 3 bedroom house they would be willing to share? We're currently #50 on the waiting list and scheduled to move out to SD in early September (depending on DH's training schedule). We've already jumped 8 spots in a week- is that common?

Also, is the officer & enlisted housing separate or mixed in? It doesn't matter to me, but that's how it's been (separate) at all the other bases we've been to, and I'm trying to find out what to expect, since the housing office is ZERO help.

I've read they were in the process of installing A/C in the homes- is that ongoing?

Lastly, for those of you who live there, do you like it/hate it/wish you lived somewhere else?

Thank you very much
    It's summer time. You are jump the fastest during the summer than any other season. Officers are across santo rd from the enlisted houses.

A/C, you will have it when you move in. Most of the houses in my area are done and the ones that are left, they are putting it in before new tenants move in.

I LOVE it here. I have lived here since Nov 03 and I have never had any issues with anything.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    stupid double post
    Last edited by Donna; 07-01-2008 at 11:40 PM.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    http://www.lincolnmilitary.com/sandi...&id=95&Itemid=

Check out that site, personally I love it here! I've been here for a year we have a four bedroom town home style home.
  5. Senior Member
    I loved it there back in 03... Very nice and homie... Nice neighborhoods... Easy access to the 15 which is great if you guys are gonna be out of 32nd st. My DH was at 32nd st and I was stationed at the hospital, so my drive kinda sucked, but it was worth it. At least the are putting air conditioning in now! I was pregnant there in the summer with out it... That REALLY sucked! LOL... By the way, watch out for spiders. We had a horrible time with em. We really liked it there though!

Thank you, BrentsCrystal! You are amazing!
  6. USS STERETT WIFE
    USS STERETT WIFE
    If you are going by the waiting list online just forget about that. lol I was doing the same thing and I went from number 53 to 41 in about 2 or 3 weeks and I got a call last Wednesday that my house was ready to move it. lol I wasn't on the list a month. And I went online just because I was curious and I moved from 41 up to 42 and now I am back to number 41. lol
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I wanted to add too... we were offered our first house when we were #52 or 53 on the wait list
  8. Senior Member
    Don't live there now- but I really liked Murphy Canyon. It was a convenient location. We lived there AFTER we lived out in town and as far as I could tell- we wouldn't have been able to have the same thing with the same amenities out in town for the same price. Lawn care, swimming pool, playgrouds, small, but functional fitness center... Actually a majority of the housing in San Diego is pretty nice- we ended up in MC though because we have a dog. If we ever went back there I'd definitely live there again.

Sorry I don't have any pix of the layout!
  9. Mmhmm.
    Mmhmm.
    I'm in santo terrace.

i have a few pictures on my profile.

It's a 4plex, town house style.
    it's freshly renovated, A/c all carpet except the bathrooms/kitchen are linoleum, and there is real tile on the entry way in the front. Back yards YOU have to cut, front yard gets done by maintenance... WE (other housings don't) have a door into our house through the garage with a garage door opener as well.

I HATE the kids that run rampid through the streets, i HATE the whining dog outside that should be let INSIDE, and I HATE living on this corner where people have to stop and then rev their engines to get up the hill we live on. but i LOVE san diego, and i love my house, and a neighborhood cant take that feeling away from me.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wcchick712 View Post
    I'm in santo terrace.

i have a few pictures on my profile.

It's a 4plex, town house style.
    it's freshly renovated, A/c all carpet except the bathrooms/kitchen are linoleum, and there is real tile on the entry way in the front. Back yards YOU have to cut, front yard gets done by maintenance... WE (other housings don't) have a door into our house through the garage with a garage door opener as well.

I HATE the kids that run rampid through the streets, i HATE the whining dog outside that should be let INSIDE, and I HATE living on this corner where people have to stop and then rev their engines to get up the hill we live on. but i LOVE san diego, and i love my house, and a neighborhood cant take that feeling away from me.

i think you live right around the corner from me are you talking about the stop sign at Taussig and Hooper?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast