Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Port Hueneme,Ca Anyone???

1. Regular Member

Port Hueneme,Ca Anyone???

Advertisements
    We have orders to Port Hueneme,Ca. Its funny because it was our first duty station but that was back in 1992-95. I just wanted to know if anyone was down there and could tell me how it has changed. I know right when we left they were moving the commissary and nex. I guess my biggest question is about housing. We want to live on the Hueneme base. Dh goes down next month and we want to wait until he can get us a house. We qualify for a 5 bedroom but will definately take a 4bedroom.

Anyway Im Cathy married to my Navy Man Kevin. We have 3 daughters(13,10,8) years old.
  2. maggiesmom816
    We've been at Pt Hueneme since the end of October (this is our first duty station). DH mentioned that the commissary used to be where a park is... It's right inside the Sunkist gate now. We have a 2 bdrm townhouse; I think the wait was like 2 weeks, not bad at all. Don't know about houses, though. We've got an 18 month old daughter.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    We are stationed at Port Hueneme, but live at Mugu. If you have any questions feel free to ask. We have been here almost 8 years so A LOT has changed! What command is he going to? I know housing is tight on Hueneme, but I know they have availability on Mugu. We do have a 4 br that is pretty nice.
  4. Regular Member
    Thanks for the reply I called housing and get anywhere from 2-4 months to 6-8 months. I want to try and wait until the kids are out of school but if we can get a house sooner I would move so we could all be together before DH deploys.
  5. Regular Member
    DH is also a Seabee and he is going to NMCB I cant remember which LOL I will have to dig out the orders and see. I heard Mugu is nice but I dont drive so I want to live on a base where I can get most of my stuff done. Is it still really busy in town and does the base still flood everytime it rains LOL. Its been so long since we have been there its going to be so weird going back to our first place. We had our first dd at st johns. THey had just finished building Walmart and when pregnant and couldnt sleep my friend and I would go walk around walmart.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kevncat View Post
    DH is also a Seabee and he is going to NMCB I cant remember which LOL I will have to dig out the orders and see. I heard Mugu is nice but I dont drive so I want to live on a base where I can get most of my stuff done. Is it still really busy in town and does the base still flood everytime it rains LOL. Its been so long since we have been there its going to be so weird going back to our first place. We had our first dd at st johns. THey had just finished building Walmart and when pregnant and couldnt sleep my friend and I would go walk around walmart.
    OMG yes it is busy here!! We have a new Chick fil A across from where Walmart is and they are finally building a NEW Walmart down by the Government center. I will be leaving here in about 5 months. I don't know of Hueneme flooding, I know some places here in mugu do. Housing is all privatized now, except for a few locations that are going to be torn down in time. Honestly I am glad to be leaving here... Way to busy for me!
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed

We just left that area
  8. Regular Member

Thats what I fear...

Quote Originally Posted by HEIDI View Post
    OMG yes it is busy here!! We have a new Chick fil A across from where Walmart is and they are finally building a NEW Walmart down by the Government center. I will be leaving here in about 5 months. I don't know of Hueneme flooding, I know some places here in mugu do. Housing is all privatized now, except for a few locations that are going to be torn down in time. Honestly I am glad to be leaving here... Way to busy for me!
    Well it was our first base and was crazy busy back then. I grew up In San Diego and always thought I would love a big city but after transferring a few times I totally love little towns. We love it here in WA besides the weather LOL.The summers can get you addicted and if you can stand the gray skys then this place is for you.
  9. Regular Member

What were your experiences with it....

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGirl View Post
    We just left that area
    Can you tell me one thing you liked about Hueneme and something you didnt like?
    Im also worried about schools. I have 3 DD's 2 in elementary and one in Jr high. Ugh
  10. Proud Seabee Wife
    Proud Seabee Wife
    We're currrently here too. We live in the apartments on base though, since we only have 1 DD. She loves her kindergarten, it's about 3 blocks from the base. We will only be here until about November.

Do know when your DH is supposed to Deploy? With that we can probably figure out which command he will be in.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast