Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: san diego curiosity...

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Question san diego curiosity...

Advertisements
    so we have orders for japan but DH has a school in san diego first. now the military wont officially move me there with him since the school is only 87 days long (it has to be 90 days for me to officially go ) but we are gonna fly my out anyways and use our BAH for a hotel room, most likely the navy lodge. now we wont have a car unless we decide to maybe rent one for a weekend or two. but i was just wondering what are the "must see's" for san diego. and ya dont have to tell me the zoo cuz that has been a life long dream! oh but does the san diego zoo have a military discount, there site didnt say.. anyways any info would be great! especially on public transportation
  2. Senior Member
    Sea World. You can get in free with your ID's. But you HAVE to have your spouse ID to get in free with him..

The Zoo is like 30% off for him, and I think 10% off for you w/ Spouse ID. I think. I can't remember. It might just be 10% off for him, and nothing for you.
  3. SDSailor
    The public transportation in SD sucks! unless you are going to stay in Downtown area and takes the trolley around (but very slow and limitted area). You may need to rent a car if you really want to enjoy the city. Well, as far as places you can visit are beaches (of course). The beach in Coronado is nice and you can check it out the hotel del coronado as well. I heard that the admission fee for the Seaworld is free for the military once a year. The La Jolla and Downtown SD are nice place to walk around and many good restaurants.
  4. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Balboa Park

Sea World IS free
    Coronado
    Julian
    San Diego Harbor
  5. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Old Town
  6. Senior Member
    the zoo is free for him and you can get your tickets at the ITT over by where the lodge is and they'll be cheaper.
  7. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyssaM View Post
    Sea World. You can get in free with your ID's. But you HAVE to have your spouse ID to get in free with him..

The Zoo is like 30% off for him, and I think 10% off for you w/ Spouse ID. I think. I can't remember. It might just be 10% off for him, and nothing for you.
    The zoo is free for AD. And an adult ticket is $24.50.. we went yesterday! We were told at ITT yesterday that you don't have to bother getting tix there, the Zoo gives you the very same discount as ITT will.

With Sea World, as long as you have a military ID, you can get in. You wouldn't have your spouse's ID if he were deployed, and it's usable for dependents of deployed AD as well.

The Gaslamp quarter and Old town are cool..

You can take the trolley around town.. it will take you from Qualcomm Stadium (where the Chargers play) down to Tijuana... with plenty of cool stops along the way. It stops at Old Town, Gaslamp, 32nd st. and other cool places.

There's also the Birch Aquarium, and Balboa Park is FULL of museums.. all of which are free on alternating Tuesdays. (Certain museums are free each Tues. of the month)

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

8. Senior Member
    Another great place that is partially free is the international cottages in Balboa Park. They are open every sunday starting at noon to, I think, 4....They all have trials of a food from that country, then they feature a country every weekend...That country will sell food and drinks and provide lots of entertainment from that country...You can spend nothing at all, or as much as you want on the featured food. It is so much fun, gets you outside, and cheap. We took our 2 little kids all most every Sunday.

Thank you, BrentsCrystal! You are amazing!