Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: NAS Ft Worth Joint Reserve Base (Texas)

1. Proud Seabee Wife
    Proud Seabee Wife

Big Grin NAS Ft Worth Joint Reserve Base (Texas)

Advertisements
    Hey. We may end up moving to Ft Worth in November of this year (just waiting on the hard copy orders). If anyone has any information regarding housing around the area. We would rather rent a house over an apartment. Also, any information about on base housing (if any) would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed

We were stationed there & housing is VERY hard to get into-there are 80-83houses thats it! We had to rent in Lake Worth for a yr while we were on the waiiting list The base is nice & clean & the commy/AAFES is nice too
  3. fridaynightgirl
    I love Ft Worth!
  4. Proud Seabee Wife
    Proud Seabee Wife
    Thanks. We still have a while, but I'm one of those people that has to start planning a while out. I think we are going to rent off of base, been looking at some sites for rentals and found some really nice places. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we get those orders, we both really want out of Cali.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Its HUMID so be prepared & the sweetest lady at the housing office is Quani-Tell her Dawna sent you-I her! (if she is still there!)
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I would have LOVED it if Rod had been able to get orders to JRB Ft. Worth! Only 3 hours from home and so much to do around there! The base is actually on a good side of town, from what I saw when we drove by in October. We didn't go on the base itself, but I used to deal with many people there in my last position. It is a former AF Base, so the facilities are really nice.
  7. Proud Seabee Wife
    Proud Seabee Wife
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGirl View Post
    Its HUMID so be prepared & the sweetest lady at the housing office is Quani-Tell her Dawna sent you-I her! (if she is still there!)
    The humidity really won't bother me. I'm used to it from where I used to live, although I've gotten spoiled w/ Hueneme weather.

Quote Originally Posted by flangl18 View Post
    I would have LOVED it if Rod had been able to get orders to JRB Ft. Worth! Only 3 hours from home and so much to do around there! The base is actually on a good side of town, from what I saw when we drove by in October. We didn't go on the base itself, but I used to deal with many people there in my last position. It is a former AF Base, so the facilities are really nice.
    That answers DH's questions. He was curious about the area around the base.
  8. Senior Member
    ft worth is a good town, alot to do around ft worth. my hometown is 45 mins north of ft worth.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Ft. Worth is GREAT! There are a million things to do in Ft. Worth or you can drive to Dallas (which is like 45 minutes away) and do a million things there! I went to high school in the metroplex and ended up in Denton (just north) for school because I love the area!