Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bugs

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Bugs

Advertisements
    SO...I was wandering if there is a really bad bug season here in Texas where there is one certain type of bug or maybe more that just explodes in certain months? The reason I ask is cuz I know that Florida...especially away from the cities can have a huge problem with lovebugs...their mating season in like July to August and they are out EVERYWHERE!! I kinda want to be prepared here in Texas for hard to clean off bugs...kwim??
  2. Senior Member
    Mosquitos when it rains a lot...which can be any time during the year. And lovebugs in the spring. I lived in SE Texas for the majority of my life.

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Thanks for the info on the lovebugs....we haven't seen any yet, but I will prepare for them!!! Those suckers are VERY hard to clean off of a car!!LOL
  4. Breezy
    My pest control guy told me that it is pretty much the same year round here. It sprays for us every 3 months so thankfully we don't really see any bugs just every thing else
  5. Cher
    I'm having a problem with mosquitos at night and water bugs ... yuk. Oh and this isn't a "bug" problem, but I keep on finding lizzards/geckos (sp?). I'm still trying to figure out how they are getting in
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondie
    I'm having a problem with mosquitos at night and water bugs ... yuk. Oh and this isn't a "bug" problem, but I keep on finding lizzards/geckos (sp?). I'm still trying to figure out how they are getting in
    Girl...ya better keep your lizards!!! Best bug control ever!!! But it is kinda freaky seeing them crawl up your wall!!
  7. Cher
    Quote Originally Posted by lovemynavyIT
    Girl...ya better keep your lizards!!! Best bug control ever!!! But it is kinda freaky seeing them crawl up your wall!!
    Hey! I didn't even think about that. I found a little guy in my living room last night. He was no bigger then an inch long, minding his own business crawling up the wall and I'm sitting there trying to catch him to set him free. Of course me being me, I freak out when I see anything crawling on my walls so I automatically get all mission impossible trying to get the bug out of my house
  8. charliesangel
    We have noticed that bugs go through phases at our house. June bugs, these off white bugs that are really hard and dragon flies in sept/Oct are horrible, other than that watch out for those huge roaches that fly and we always have tons of roly polys. I cant wait to get out of this state!
  9. Breezy
    you and me both Amanda but the bugs aren't my reason lol
  10. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    There are bugs here year round.. this year's gonna be bad because we didn't have a hard freeze this winter to get rid of them. One thing to remember is that bugs coming in the house is a sure sign of rain, which we desperately need! You'll notice snails and most other creepy crawlies climbing walls and things when we've got storms brewing.

We had a horrible problem with Cockroaches when we had some really nasty, dirty neighbors next door.. now that we have neighbors who are clean, we don't have bug problems..

Last summer we had a honey bee colony just outside our living room window.. they made a home out of the roof of the townhouse next door, and swarmed our porch.. we went round and round with the apartment manager about getting a professional to remove them.

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast