Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Ingleside we might be coming!

1. Germany is my home!
    Germany is my home!

Help Ingleside we might be coming!

Advertisements
    So we don't know for sure yet, but very soon we will, if DF will be stationed there or no. we can't find much housing down there, so please let me know if you've heard of a place.....we'd move there in June.

We're looking for a 2 bedroom, can be furnished and if possible dogs allowed!

Thanks in advance!
  2. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    There are 2 housing communities.. One in Aransas Pass(Windy Shores) , and one in Portland (Bridge Pointe Landing). We lived in Portland, because while the Aransas Pass housing is newer, Portland's a nicer town. We were stationed there for 5 years before leaving this past April and I'm originally from that area. Need any help let me know.

Bridge Pointe does allow pets, but there's a deposit. I know the few people I knew in Windy Shores had pets as well.

There's not a lot to do in the immediate area. But if you're willing to drive, San Antonio is wonderful... it's a 2 hr. drive. Corpus Christi is ok, but the malls are crap compared to San Antonio or Houston. Houston is 4 hrs. from the Ingleside area.

http://www.nsi.navy.mil is the base's website..

There's info about housing...

http://www.nsi.navy.mil/PPV_Housing.htm

www.housing.navy.mil has some better pics and floor plans, as well as wait times available.

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

3. Germany is my home!
    Germany is my home!
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaMc424 View Post
    There are 2 housing communities.. One in Aransas Pass(Windy Shores) , and one in Portland (Bridge Pointe Landing). We lived in Portland, because while the Aransas Pass housing is newer, Portland's a nicer town. We were stationed there for 5 years before leaving this past April and I'm originally from that area. Need any help let me know.

Bridge Pointe does allow pets, but there's a deposit. I know the few people I knew in Windy Shores had pets as well.

There's not a lot to do in the immediate area. But if you're willing to drive, San Antonio is wonderful... it's a 2 hr. drive. Corpus Christi is ok, but the malls are crap compared to San Antonio or Houston. Houston is 4 hrs. from the Ingleside area.

http://www.nsi.navy.mil is the base's website..

There's info about housing...

http://www.nsi.navy.mil/PPV_Housing.htm

www.housing.navy.mil has some better pics and floor plans, as well as wait times available.
    what about non military housing?
  4. Senior Member
    There is plenty of non-military housing there. It's pretty reasonable, price-wise too. It used to be kind of expensive to live there, but prices seem to have dropped in the past couple of years. I don't know anyone living there anymore, but I used to have several friends there. They really liked it there.

I live about 20 minutes away from Ingleside. If you need me to check into something for you, just let me know!
  5. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeysgal View Post
    There is plenty of non-military housing there. It's pretty reasonable, price-wise too. It used to be kind of expensive to live there, but prices seem to have dropped in the past couple of years. I don't know anyone living there anymore, but I used to have several friends there. They really liked it there.

I live about 20 minutes away from Ingleside. If you need me to check into something for you, just let me know!
    Exactly.. our BAH was actually really decent for that area, and had good friends that rented a nice house for WELL under the BAH.. DH was an E6 when we were stationed there and our BAH was 1333... rent on our apartment was less than 800.. so BAH covered all our household expenses..

I'd go through Century 21 if I were looking to rent a house..

and thatís all I need

6. Germany is my home!
    Germany is my home!
    thanks guys.....our bah will be $1148
  7. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Quote Originally Posted by dchiocca View Post
    thanks guys.....our bah will be $1148
    There aren't many apartments in Ingleside that are nice and will accept pets.. Bridge Pointe does, but won't allow rottewielers, pit butts or dobermans on the property. You pay by BAH there.. It's not a traditional PPV, meaning they don't take all your BAH. Windy shores will.

Most of the rent houses I've seen were going for around $1,000 and up per month in Portland.. so your BAH would cover that, but you'll be out the cost of utilities. Electricity is high there.. our electric bills ran around $200 a month, but you can choose which electricity provider you use. Reliant is one of the better companies, and they offer average billing I believe.

and thatís all I need

8. Germany is my home!
    Germany is my home!
    thx so much
  9. It's the most wonderful time of the year!
    It's the most wonderful time of the year!
    We just left that area in August. We were renting a three bedroom/two bath/two car garage in Portland for 975 a month. We went with reliant for the electric and never had a bill over 200. It was in one of the older neighborhoods so it had a HUGE!!!!! backyard. We have a boxer and he loved it back there. We had a swing set, toys, a kids gator ride on in the back yard and still had tons of room. It also had some beautiful orchid trees in the back and a wonderful landlord. She ROCKED! We used century 21 to find our place. I think you can look online at the website for some of the things they might have open there. GOOD LUCK!
    Smile as if you don't have a care in the world,
    Love with your whole heart,
    And laugh as if it is going out of style.
  10. aka Mrs Gibberish
    aka Mrs Gibberish
    I live in Northshore Landing in a 1 bedroom but they do have 2 bedrooms. They also allow pets but it's a $500 deposit and they keep half of it. Northshore Landing is in Portland and I personally like it.

Northshore Landing