Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ft. Hood On-Post Housing?

1. Senior Member

Confused Ft. Hood On-Post Housing?

Advertisements
    Ok, we received orders to report to Ft. Hood. (It's our first PCS!) Any help with the move and housing?? I checked the waiting list for a E1-E4 2 bedroom and its 10 months long!!! WOAH, he will be deploying before then... So, any help/ideas of where to live maybe off post?? (I think I have posted this before, sorry) I'm just trying to get everything in line... Thanks for alllll your help and advice ladies, cant wait to meet you.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    www.ahrn.com (but u need his AKO email to register)

They have listings for off post housing for every post in the US.

We came to Fort Riley from Hood....we lived in a REALLY nice mobile home park off of Lance Loop...3/2 for 550. I know there are alot of apt complexes around there tho.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I think that if you are getting PCSd here you get put at the top of the list compared to people already here. But I could be wrong so don't go off of that. I used to rent a 2/1 apartment in Copperas Cove with a washer and dryer for 550 a month. It was nice. Just look online if you need to and if you have any questions feel free to PM me.
  4. IN LOVE WITH MY HUSBAND
    IN LOVE WITH MY HUSBAND
    i have something to tell you do not move to stonehill apartments they are very rude and do not care about there tenants they could careless also the people that live there drive up and down the street and they party at all hours of the night. if you call the cops to get the people to shut up it takes them a half an hour to get there because three of us called the cops and like a half an hour to an hour later they finally showed up.also at stonehill a hole entire building burnt down.so yeah when you move there do not move there any other place is ok but there. i loved there for a year and i hated it the hole time. also if you go onto rancier do not go on it at night buy yourself it is not safe at all.
    sarah

5. Senior Member
    i live on post. i dont think you will have to wait 10 months, esp if he is deploying. i like living on post, we are in comanche III.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by michellelac View Post
    I think that if you are getting PCSd here you get put at the top of the list compared to people already here. But I could be wrong so don't go off of that. I used to rent a 2/1 apartment in Copperas Cove with a washer and dryer for 550 a month. It was nice. Just look online if you need to and if you have any questions feel free to PM me.
    Hey. How far from the base is this?? We dont mind if its too far to come home for lunch I just dont want him driving 2 hours a day.. (both ways)
    Thanks
  7. Senior Member
    I live right down the road from the base off of Stan Schleuter. We have a really nice 3 bedroom house and pay $899 plus utilities. We go through Hattaway Properties and they have been really great. Don't go through Elite rentals. My best friend that I've known since I was 10 has had nothing but problems with them.
    Under construction...

Actually highlighting everything and hitting delete was a lot easier than fixing what was here....

I'll think of something clever to put here someday....
  8. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Yes, the wait really is that long. I'm about to get on that waiting list this month, which I timed to end right around the end of my lease.
    But honestly, if you don't mind the 25 min commute, Temple is a MUCH better community with MUCH nicer homes and apts for MUCH cheaper! We have a 2 bedroom apt in a nice part of town for only $585 per month! So our BAH pays our rent PLUS electricity and part of cable!
    I love Temple because it's home to SOME military but not ALL military so you get people who LIKE soldiers more, who APPRECIATE military more, but you don't have to be around them 24/7.
    The only reason I'll be doing on post housing, despite how much I adore Temple, is because we'll be trying to conceive when he gets back and I want to be closer to my resources, child-care and medical wise.
  9. Happily ever after, no matter what
    Happily ever after, no matter what
    Blog Entries
    i live in killeen, but closer to harker heights, off of zephyr rd. it seems to be a nice quiet area....too quiet if you don't have a car...lol. we are renting a 1200 sqaure foot 3 bed 2 bath house with fenced backyard and 2 car garage for $795. I love this house, but am considering trying to move on post while he is deployed. we went through jwc properties and have not had any issues thankfully. the only problem was that they do not waive any deposits like some of the companies do. you can go to the website for ft hood to apply online and they can back date your application to your orders date. make sure you go to the housing office ASAP when you get here also. and if you do rent off post, you can sometimes get out of a lease if your landlord works with you, or go month to month for a while. you can also get utility deposit waivers from your SO's unit. good luck. let me know when you get here. i am dying to meet ANYONE....lol

Wife to Jay, Momma to
    Chelsey
    (17) Thomas (13) Jake (9)
    Aidan (4)

10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by missybee77 View Post
    i live in killeen, but closer to harker heights, off of zephyr rd. it seems to be a nice quiet area....too quiet if you don't have a car...lol. we are renting a 1200 sqaure foot 3 bed 2 bath house with fenced backyard and 2 car garage for $795. I love this house, but am considering trying to move on post while he is deployed. we went through jwc properties and have not had any issues thankfully. the only problem was that they do not waive any deposits like some of the companies do. you can go to the website for ft hood to apply online and they can back date your application to your orders date. make sure you go to the housing office ASAP when you get here also. and if you do rent off post, you can sometimes get out of a lease if your landlord works with you, or go month to month for a while. you can also get utility deposit waivers from your SO's unit. good luck. let me know when you get here. i am dying to meet ANYONE....lol
    Hey! Thanks for the input. I'm really wanting to get on-post housing, I just dont want to have to wait the 10 monhts!! Gosh, darn... So, hopefully things will work out and we wont be waiting that long. I will let you know when we arrive and are settled a bit, then we can meet up, I want to make friends so I dont get homesick..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast