Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Texas ladies

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Texas ladies

Advertisements
    Sooo...we got our first power bill today...HOLY CRAP...:inshock
    Well, I wanted to see who everyone uses...I am doing a little research online right now and I kinda like the look of Nueces Co-op...right now we have TXU and I just can not see paying almost $40o a month with 3/4 of that paying for their gas...CRAZY!!
    TIA!!
  2. Breezy
    Judy we have Gexa an I DO NOT recommend them!!! Their customer service sucks ass
    Right now our bills range lowest being 188 I believe for the winter and over 400 in the summer.
    But a perk that they do have is you get double Continential Airl miles and they are working on the customer Service BUT it still isn't good
    I still have a charge that just popped up on this months bill that was from MAY last year that I was told in Aug was taken care of
    Needless to say I called them up and said I was not paying it yet again PERIOD
    So good luck Judy I have heard that they all actually suck now lol
  3. Senior Member
    Holy crap!!! Right now, we are with TXU and our payment for last month was 130! For both our electric and gas together we are paying like 225 a month. I would try and find a better rate if I wear you girl!!

I agree with ya Breezy, I have heard that all of the suck too!!
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Jusy good luck getting Nueces Co-Op. There service is pretty spotty out here in San Pat Co....atleast that I what they told me when we tried to switch.

We have Reliant & the highest our bill has been so far is $138. We are also locked in with the rate we have for 2 years. We signed up with them in October before the rates went up. What helped for us is that a good friend of our's is a manager so he have us the best deal he could get us & he has the "power" to lock it in, etc.

Don't ever go with CP&L. They suck! Our's bills were always double what we pay with Reliant...at the minimum. Their customer service sucks & when we moved into our house, they just transfered the service over from the townhouse to here. I specifially told them to disconnect it at the townhouse & they didn't. So someone there got $300 in free electricity on us. CP&L refused to credit the amount because they said since we moved less than a mile away, they couldn't just disconnect it. That coming from a higher up supervisor! Avoid them like the plague!

Good luck!
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I saw another one called Green Mt. Energy....they seem like they have good thing going....anyone know anything about them?
  6. Breezy
    nope haven't heard a thing
    good luck
    I think it is a south TX thing cause most companies we have dealt with period SUCK here sorry still in a bad mood
  7. Cat
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    judy you might want to check out commerce energy and the local company that we deal with is AEP or something like that and they do have budget plans too and they have fixed rates and i think we got a pretty decent rate when we got here in Dec. all of our bills have been under 200.00 and this is to cool/heat a 1600 sq ft house. so if you have less than that it might be cheaper.

8. charliesangel
    We have Gexa, and have had no problems with them at all. Our bills range 100-160 but that is only for a 1000 sq ft apartment! Good luck to you!!
  9. Breezy
    Cat it will go up this summer trust me
    Ours has been just under 200 this winter but my June/July until Nov it will be 400 or more our house is just under 1900sqft
    and the kilowatt per hour has jumped 8cents since we got our HIGH bills so I don't know what the heck we will do this summer
    Everybody has AEP cause they are the ones that actually OWNS the power boxes, lines etc... but the one who bills you just turns it on and meters it and charges you out your ass
  10. Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by charliesangel
    We have Gexa, and have had no problems with them at all. Our bills range 100-160 but that is only for a 1000 sq ft apartment! Good luck to you!!
    Did you ever have problems talking to someone?
    I have been on hold for over an hour before
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast