Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SD ladies... Holiday Brunch Party Info

1. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!

SD ladies... Holiday Brunch Party Info

Advertisements
    Hey Ladies,

I'm looking so forward to next week's holiday party. I have a tentative headcount, and I'd like to double check to make sure everyone will still be able to make it and what dish & cookie you'll be bringing. (if you're bringing a cookie for the cookie exchange.) Remember, it's not required that you participate in the cookie exchange, ornament swap, or santa's elf gift for the kids. (Just a hint, if you're still not sure on what to get, or where to look.. Dollar Tree and BigLots have some great stuff, super cheap! Barbies are on sale at BigLots for $3 for example. Coloring books and crayons are always a great idea!)

Time: 9am-whenever

So far I have:

Myself: pigs in blankets, queso dip and chips, coffee/tea (white chocolate cherry chunkies for the swap)

Jessica (sunshyne): side/dessert type dish (peanut butter cookies)

Brandi: pasta salad

Jennie (RonniesWifeJen) rsvp'd for plasticware and napkins

Others who've RSVP'd...
    Crystal (Cangelicious)
    Meghann
    JKristiH
    Bex
    Anna (Navy2mom)

I will be doing some special goodie bags, so I need to know exactly how many will be here.

Here's how the games will work.
    If you're planning on doing the ornament swap and/or Santa's elf gift please bring the items pre-wrapped and in a grocery bag to hide them from your child.

We'll be doing the ornament swap like a "lottery drawing". Once everyone arrives, I'll number the ornaments and at swap time, everyone will be asked to draw a number from a bowl. You may trade with anyone as long as your ornament is still wrapped. Once unwrapped you may not "steal" the ornamnents back and forth. You'll both have to agree to trade then.

Santa's elf ... aka one of the moms.. will place all the gifts under the tree to be given to the kiddos. This will be the last game we play since that will allow for less time for the kids to argue over who got what.

For the cookie exchange: you'll need a take home tin that will hold plenty of cookies.. Walmart and Target have some cute ones! In a pinch, tupperware will work just fine. Please bring 2 dozen cookies (they can be brownies, bar cookies or whatever) to exchange. Everyone then will have the opportunity to pick and choose from the selection to fill their tins.

I can't wait!

See you guys Wed at 9!

As of Dec. 6.. RSVP's are closed. I posted about this several weeks ago so everyone had plenty of time to RSVP.
    Last edited by ImNoOliveOyl; 12-07-2007 at 12:48 AM. Reason: adding info

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I am still not 100% sure whether I will be there. I will try, but I am not sure.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Oh, and don't worry about the goodie bags and such for us, just in case we aren't able to make it.
  4. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
    I am still not 100% sure whether I will be there. I will try, but I am not sure.
    Ok, that's cool! I mainly posted to remind everyone and get a headcount for goodie bags.. I'm still making you one, I'm sure I'll see ya before Christmas!

How're you guys feeling?

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaMc424 View Post
    Ok, that's cool! I mainly posted to remind everyone and get a headcount for goodie bags.. I'm still making you one, I'm sure I'll see ya before Christmas!

How're you guys feeling?
    Still terrible. I feel worse today than I did yesterday and the kids all had fevers still over 102 today. Jason is still trying to talk me into going to his command christmas thing on saturday but i honestly don't think I'm going to drag myself or them out feeling this bad. I've been so doped up on sudafed and crap that I can barely stand to be on here typing, muchless out partying I'll see how everything is this coming week though. We'll be a 'maybe'.
  6. Senior Member
    ooh that sounds like so much fun.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    we will be there (Me, Megan, & Josh)
  8. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    i will be stopping by... i want to do the cookie exchange... hmm maybe i can drop cookies off the night before and you could fill a tin for me

totally not WW friendly but the fam would like them!!
  9. Senior Member
    you're talking about wed. the 12th? I can come that day I'll still be here. since i'm feeling lazy and don't feel like searching threads what do I need to bring? Cookies an ornament and 1 toy per kid? Is there a certain amount of cookies I should bring? Is there a dollar amount for the ornament? I'd feel bad if I spend $5 and end up with one that was $15. Oh and I need to bring a dish? I'll bring my strawberry cookie thing.

I'll need your address and phone number in case I get lost
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather View Post
    you're talking about wed. the 12th? I can come that day I'll still be here. since i'm feeling lazy and don't feel like searching threads what do I need to bring? Cookies an ornament and 1 toy per kid? Is there a certain amount of cookies I should bring? Is there a dollar amount for the ornament? I'd feel bad if I spend $5 and end up with one that was $15. Oh and I need to bring a dish? I'll bring my strawberry cookie thing.

I'll need your address and phone number in case I get lost
    I will be so happy to see you again before you leave!!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast