Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 29 Palms

1. HNlover

Jump for Joy 29 Palms

Advertisements
    Anyone's SO stationed at 29 Palms or currently living there, i'll be moving there in March, DH is currently heading to Camp Pendleton to go to School for 3 months, and then we'll be getting stationed at 29 Palms...Just curious, I would love to talk with some ladies before I move there...Thanks...
  2. I'm Only A Little Crazy
    I'm Only A Little Crazy
    My brother was stationed there for awhile when he first went into the Marines. Good luck
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I think there might be a few girls. I have been there many times...have you ever been?
  4. leasey_eastcoast
    Ill be there in 3 weeks!!! PM me to chat...im terrified Ive heard its grueling
  5. HNlover
    No I've never been, I'll be there in March, DH just got to Camp Pendleton, he'll be training at a Navy Hospital until January and then stars FMSS for Marine Training, and then we go to 29 Palms, but from what i've seen online anyways, it's a pretty nice place, i've never been, but I can't wait, i'm all the way in Florida though, it's going to be a rough change. We'll be driving from Florida when DH comes back to pick me up, we're taking almost everything with us, hopefully we can get a place on base, I wonder how Base Housing is, does anyone know?
  6. Senior Member
    I have a friend who just got there in July. But they are heading back to the east coast. She hated it, but I think a big part of that is because she had never lived more than an hour away from her parents and she was 28. Just remember no matter what you hear about a place it's all what you make of it. She went into it with a bad mindset and ultimately had a bad time, but if you look for the positives and take the adventure for what it is then you'll enjoy it.
  7. HNlover
    Thankyou, yeah, I will definitely, try to make it out as a new experience, because i've only lived away from my parents for a month, it will be hard for awhile, but I've got to do it sometime...
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I will give you my honest opinion...I think 29 palms is a total Hell Hole! Its like a tiny base with a tiny tiny small town around it and then nothing for miles and miles and then a small town and nothing for miles and miles and miles its just a total desert and bblllaahhhh lol
  9. HNlover
    Yeah, it is nothing but a desert, but the Base itself is huge, and from what i've looked at online, it's got a crap load of stuff on base, I mean, i've never been there, but I will be soon...LOL
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Ordinance View Post
    I will give you my honest opinion...I think 29 palms is a total Hell Hole! Its like a tiny base with a tiny tiny small town around it and then nothing for miles and miles and then a small town and nothing for miles and miles and miles its just a total desert and bblllaahhhh lol
    I agree! My DH & I were stationed there back in '05-'06.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast