Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CAN SOMEONE HOLD ME :tears

1. Doin' It All On My Own...
    Doin' It All On My Own...

Help CAN SOMEONE HOLD ME :tears

Advertisements
    So DB and I have always planned to get married in 08 and he is planning on re-enlisting in 09. He is up there on the totem pole which means chances are he will get the station area he wants. He is really into going to Hawaii and I'm scared shitless I am from Maryland born and raised and have never been away from my family (born and raised in the same house, grandma next door, uncle next to her) for more than a week to a week and 1/2. I have all my family here minus my brother who is trying to move back and I don't know if I wanna live all the way across the country to have DB get deployed I also don't wanna get in the way of his dreams with my fears. Who knows I might go over there and LOVE it! I mean its paradise right?! Someone Help?! Can someone please tell me that I am going out of my mind! Its Hawaii for goodness sakes! I should be excited!!!! Right?!

Help
  2. Senior Member

It's going to be an adventure...that is for sure...you can make it, and your family will love it, they will have an excuse to go to Hawaii!!!

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" ~ Psalm 27:1
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    at first I was like , then I was like when I saw how messed up the page it looked so then I was like *click*, *enter*, *click*, *enter*,
  3. Senior Member
    hawaii is gorgeous and a whole different world compared to california for me plus im sure it would always be an option to go back to maryland if/when he gets deployed for quite some time it seems like alot of other gals do that...just a suggestion

4. Proud Mommy and lovin my Airman
    Proud Mommy and lovin my Airman
    i would love to go to Hawaii instead we are stuck in Arkansas.
  5. Trophy Wife in Training
    Trophy Wife in Training
    If he gets deployed, you could always come back and stay with family while he's away.

I'm a homebody too. I don't think I could ever do a big move.
  6. Senior Member
    Family vacation to visit you!!!!!!!!!!!! who can argue with a vacation to Hawaii -- stay with you so that's a big saved expense....

Also, remember, it is the military so you'll most likely have a chance to move again 3 years (or so) later, and if you have that hard of a time with being away, maybe you can convince him to request to come back towards the East Coast.

Thirdly, if he gets deployed, you can always go home and visit for a few months just to have everyone around you, and probably again convince a few to come visit Hawaii for awhile.
  7. Seabee Wife
    Seabee Wife
    Your feelings are valid. It is scary to move away from friends, family, and everything you know.
    Try to keep in mind, it's only temporary. If you don't like Hawaii you can help him choose the next duty station. It's an adventure, this is your chance to see different places and meet new people. Just because you are far away from your loved ones doesn't mean you have to lose touch. My relationship is actually better with my parents now that we aren't on top of eachother all the time.
    Moving will have it's ups and downs but it will make you a stronger, more confident person in most cases. And as someone else said, you can always go home for deployment. I use it as a chance to travel and visit family all over the country.
    Another way to think about it is that you two will be starting your life together without outside influences. You will learn to rely on one another and that's a good thing. Best wishes.
  8. Navy Wife
    Navy Wife
    Blog Entries

Aw. Im sorry!
    Being away from home is hard!! I live in maine and ALL of my family is in Washington state... so i feel your fear! I moved here for my husband, i am trying to support him as much as i can and make his life a little easier that way.
    Just think.... Sun, Sand and margaritas

good luck!
    Do not take life too seriously, you will never get out of it alive
  9. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Space-A flights will be your best-friend, if money ever becomes an issue when needing to travel back East.
    We were there for 3.5 years. There's always someone who will be wanting to visit you, when in Hawaii.

I moved away to Hawaii to be with my husband when I was just 20. It wasn't too hard. Just be prepared to meet a lot of folks!!!! I take it he may be stationed at MCB Hawaii, K-Bay for short. It's actually very lovely on that side of the island. Feel free to PM me if you'd like a local Hawaii military wives site to join. With that site, I was able to meet over 100 wives while stationed there.
  10. Doin' It All On My Own...
    Doin' It All On My Own...
    Thanks ladies for all of your input! it really makes me feel a lot better about the whole thing! I mean you only live once! I wanna support him in any way possible and if Hawaii is it then thats where we will go thanks again!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast