Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: San Diego housing

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

San Diego housing

Advertisements
    We want to look into Silver Strand and if not there, than Murphy Canyon. The others being our last choice.

What I want to know is do these housings (obviously this will be a question for those that have lived in whichever housing) include like cable, internet, etc w/ the BAH?

I'm trying to figure out if it can fit into our budget since it'd be taking all his BAH.

Thanks
  2. navywifeinjapan
    We live in Murphy Canyon and it does not include cable internet or phone. I know some housings they advertise about free dial up but dial up is way to slow for me. We have the biggest package with Time Warner Digi pac 4000 or something like that. It includes all the HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, TMC, STarz, Encore etc. We have that unlimited long distance, high speed internet and pay $140. I know that Pacific Bell offers a plan for discounted phone but you have to make under a certain amount for that. I think it's like $8 or something to have a phone in the house.
  3. Senior Member
    We have free dial up but no free cable. We just use the expanded digital or whatever it is and have the internet through them and our bill is around 80-90/month and we use Vonage for our home phone at 27.00/month.

Oh and were in Murphy Canyon
  4. Senior Member
    Murphy Canyon here too... I also have the time warner package we pay about $180
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I can't help much with Murphy canyon. The strand is nice and there is a beach along the back, a perfect place to watch the fire works. We have friends that have lived there and liked it fine.
    I love living at NTC!!! We have a/c, and a pool. I like the neighborhood. You should come drive by and look sometime. You can add it to your list of possibles. We have the cox combo and pay $130 a month for everything. That is the only extra utility we have. What about Serra Mesa? It is hard trying to find the right housing. It took us two years of trial and error. Good Luck.
    Last edited by piggypunkinetta; 04-02-2006 at 02:28 AM.
  6. Independent Beachbody Coach
    Independent Beachbody Coach
    I like silver strand cause its in Coronado, so thats really nice! But Murphy Canyon gets my vote with the yard and everything...and you can have a pet.

Serra mesa is great, and cable internet is paid for by housing.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Thanks guys...

I REALLY really would love to live on Silver Strand...We're just really afraid we'll be living paycheck to paycheck if we do If it included cable & internet w/ the BAH, we wouldn't be so concerned.

Ahh....I guess we'll just put in an app when she gets here and then decide in June when our lease is up, what we'll do.
  8. RockstarMom
    How much longer with the Navy does he have by the time you are moving? You also need to have a min. 6 months (maybe even a year) left on your tour in SD/enlistment to get into PPV here. They asked us this when we got our 1st house and when we did the paperwork for our 2nd house. They asked if we had a yr left on our orders here each time we signed up for housing.
  9. RockstarMom
    http://www.cnrswhousing.navy.mil/mfh/apply.htm

Personnel must have six months remaining duty in the San Diego area when assigned to other housing.
    It's at the bottom of the form
  10. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyIrishFamily
    How much longer with the Navy does he have by the time you are moving? You also need to have a min. 6 months (maybe even a year) left on your tour in SD/enlistment to get into PPV here. They asked us this when we got our 1st house and when we did the paperwork for our 2nd house. They asked if we had a yr left on our orders here each time we signed up for housing.
    that's what i've heard as well. but then again, i'm no long affiliated with active duty military and havent been a navy wife for quite some time, so i might have old information.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast