Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pendleton Ladies I need some help

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Pendleton Ladies I need some help

Advertisements
    So even though DH doesnt get home fro many months we like to think out into the future. Right now on our mind is that we do own a pitbull and the easy thing to do is live on base becuase they dont have a breed restriction. Some areas dont except dogs though. I went on the web site to try and further educate myself on the process of housing but it isnt much help at all. I am just looking for some basic info. My DH is an E4 I plan to move into our new home where ever that might be before he returns home. Also what do you do about renters insurance and how far in andvance did you sumbit yourself so you were on the waiting list. When you aply for housing do you request amove in date? Thank for any help anyone can give me. Before he deployed we rented an appartment

P.S. I guess this should have been in military moves and relocations. Sorry
  2. God is great, Beer is good and People are crazy...
    God is great, Beer is good and People are crazy...
    I heard recently that there is a breed restriction on Camp P! We had a Pitt also but we had to put her down. My best advice to you is to call the housing, Google the Camp P housing and call and ask. I do know that you have to be checked in , in order to be put on the list! Good luck, we will be moving to Camp P in the VERY NEAR future!
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Love_my_marine View Post
    I heard recently that there is a breed restriction on Camp P! We had a Pitt also but we had to put her down. My best advice to you is to call the housing, Google the Camp P housing and call and ask. I do know that you have to be checked in , in order to be put on the list! Good luck, we will be moving to Camp P in the VERY NEAR future!
    God why is that! Why cant I have a home ready for my husband!!!! sorry thats so annoying though! Anyways I just emailed them. I read through the whole Family housing regulations and didnt see anything but I dont want to rely on it for fear it isnt updated. sorry about your doggy
  4. God is great, Beer is good and People are crazy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Ordinance View Post
    God why is that! Why cant I have a home ready for my husband!!!! sorry thats so annoying though! Anyways I just emailed them. I read through the whole Family housing regulations and didnt see anything but I dont want to rely on it for fear it isnt updated. sorry about your doggy
    Is your husband already at Camp pendleton? If so they you can get on the list. But with a dog, the wait is 8-12 months. We have a dog now and that is what they told us! Also We have two friends who have recently moved on base and there is alot of no-nos. LIke the above ground pools, From what I heard you cant have that either! I would call and talk to them! You might be able to get stuff together that way!
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Love_my_marine View Post
    Is your husband already at Camp pendleton? If so they you can get on the list. But with a dog, the wait is 8-12 months. We have a dog now and that is what they told us! Also We have two friends who have recently moved on base and there is alot of no-nos. LIke the above ground pools, From what I heard you cant have that either! I would call and talk to them! You might be able to get stuff together that way!

Ya we were out of pendleton but rented in town and then he just went to iraq and so after iraq we go back to pendleton. So the thing is I am afraid that we will get on the list and thn get a place like 4 months early lol. I would like it to be that we would get the place a month early haha wishful thinking for things to work out like that! Thank you so much. You have been so helpful! I wish you could just make a reservation lol
  6. God is great, Beer is good and People are crazy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Ordinance View Post
    Ya we were out of pendleton but rented in town and then he just went to iraq and so after iraq we go back to pendleton. So the thing is I am afraid that we will get on the list and thn get a place like 4 months early lol. I would like it to be that we would get the place a month early haha wishful thinking for things to work out like that! Thank you so much. You have been so helpful! I wish you could just make a reservation lol
    Ok so his unit is from Camp P. Then he can get on the list. I would definetly call on Monday. There is a really wonderful woman in the office. Her name is Andrea. She might be able to help! I know she has helped alot of people! Good Luck!!!
  7. Mmhmm.
    Mmhmm.
    regarding the pitt situation:

if the ears/tail are not clipped/modified, you can say it's a mutt/pitt and they may let it fly.

I have a friend here in 29 that has a pit and its ears didn't get clipped so they're allowed to say it's a "mix" and that it's not a risk.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Thank you. Her ears are not clipped. Luckily they dont have a breed restriction on base though
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    My hunny just had a guy in his squadron that lives on Pendleton and had gotten a pitt bull puppy and a month later had to give it up because of a new breed restriction in base housing.... I would triple check the breed restriction information you are getting. Everything I've heard says no pitts now.

Yes, this IS my siggy.
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kt-did View Post
    My hunny just had a guy in his squadron that lives on Pendleton and had gotten a pitt bull puppy and a month later had to give it up because of a new breed restriction in base housing.... I would triple check the breed restriction information you are getting. Everything I've heard says no pitts now.
    I called the housing office today and asked...hhmmmm I talked to the lady in charge to. What rank was he?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast