Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: San Diego peeps I have some questions:P

1. Senior Member

Smile San Diego peeps I have some questions:P

Advertisements
    OK
    so
    if I get in to ITT Techs CJ program *cross fingers pleeeeeeeease*
    My number one choice is going to be San Diego yay!
    heres my questions
    first of all I know its expensive I will have a full time job and a little help from my trust fund and family but thatw ill basically be for tuition and stuff
    where are good apartments to look at in decent areas?
    heres the address I have no clue where it is compared to places ive been
    9680 Granite Ridge Drive
    San Diego, CA 92123

also any job options around that area or anyone know of anything? i work for an online ecommerce home improvement company i did call center customer service for 9 months and for the last 5 ive been doing data entry and website development but continue to do customer service when they need help i also taught at a state preschool for two years and have worked alot of retail...i would love to not have to fall back on retail but it is an option if need be

any info on places to live or jobs or anything i need to know before moving down there would be great!

also i know of alot of people are down there but id love to know who is living down in SD because we all know a girl needs friends

Thanks in advance!

2. ~April~
    Imperial Beach has some nice apts and it is a great area. There is almost no crime.. most police calls are because of domestic dispuits. I know some say the further you move from San Diego the cheaper it is...so it really depends on how far you want to drive..because the place may be cheap but you will spend extra in gas.
  3. Senior Member
    my car gets good gas mileage and this is the first time ive lived in the same town ive worked in ive driven up to 2 horus for work and school before so im not too concerned about that id rather not drive more then half an hour though

4. Independent Beachbody Coach
    Independent Beachbody Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyInWaiting View Post
    OK
    so
    if I get in to ITT Techs CJ program *cross fingers pleeeeeeeease*
    My number one choice is going to be San Diego yay!
    heres my questions
    first of all I know its expensive I will have a full time job and a little help from my trust fund and family but thatw ill basically be for tuition and stuff
    where are good apartments to look at in decent areas?
    heres the address I have no clue where it is compared to places ive been
    9680 Granite Ridge Drive
    San Diego, CA 92123

also any job options around that area or anyone know of anything? i work for an online ecommerce home improvement company i did call center customer service for 9 months and for the last 5 ive been doing data entry and website development but continue to do customer service when they need help i also taught at a state preschool for two years and have worked alot of retail...i would love to not have to fall back on retail but it is an option if need be

any info on places to live or jobs or anything i need to know before moving down there would be great!

also i know of alot of people are down there but id love to know who is living down in SD because we all know a girl needs friends

Thanks in advance!

I just mapquested it and you will be 4 minutes from me
    Definitely look into the condo/apt's that Becky used to live in. You should look for something around Serra mesa There's a montesorri school in the area if you want to work with kids, and there are tons of business style jobs around here. It will be great having you out there!
  5. Senior Member
    I can't help you with much but I know that the San Diego ITT Tech CJ program is amazing! They have a great "club" (it's a frat. but both genders are allowed) that does amazing extra-cirricular activities. The school itself is expensive but VERY worth it!
  6. Independent Beachbody Coach
    Independent Beachbody Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by ~April~ View Post
    Imperial Beach has some nice apts and it is a great area. There is almost no crime.. most police calls are because of domestic dispuits. I know some say the further you move from San Diego the cheaper it is...so it really depends on how far you want to drive..because the place may be cheap but you will spend extra in gas.
    are you serious?? I heard Ib was the absolute worst area to live in, especially if you wanted to keep a car. I've had a few friends get their car stolen out there...I wouldnt recommend that part of town to anybody
  7. Senior Member
    oh no if my car got stolen i dont know what i would do my car is my baby! lol 4 minutes from you thats awesome! im so stoked!
    joy did you go to ITT? im looking for more info on it i kind of applied on a whim

i hope i dont get really excited and then not get in that would suck

8. Bex
    Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael View Post
    are you serious?? I heard Ib was the absolute worst area to live in, especially if you wanted to keep a car. I've had a few friends get their car stolen out there...I wouldnt recommend that part of town to anybody

as for the granite ridge drive, the itt is off aero, it's the light coming up from the hill from the mcdonalds intersection.

the condo complex is called woodbridge. they are privately owned, so when/if you come out here, you could drive around them looking for "for rent" signs. there's also gramercy apartments and... i'm drawing a blank on the other ones, but i will check them out when i drive by them when i'm running some errands late.

i don't see why you wouldn't get into itt... it's basically a career college, and they will, from what i understand, accept you if you apply, so that's AWESOME
  9. Senior Member
    lol i figured that thats how it worked but didnt want to get my hopes up i dont know how my parents will feel about it:S they really want me to transfer to a four year but i honestly think a program like that is the only thing that will work for me i need structure and with community college im not getting it lol i mean im going but its just not what i need...hmmmm

10. ~April~
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael View Post
    I have a friend that lived there for 12 years and she was telling me about the crime and that was what she told me. I live 1 1/2 blocks from IB and I hardly ever hear police sirens or anything...maybe once every 2-3 months. I have lived over here for over a year and absolutely love it. We live a few blocks from the IB base.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast