Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: San Diego

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

San Diego

Advertisements
    Last edited by dollface; 04-17-2006 at 01:57 AM.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface

As far as the Village at NTC, that is point loma right? I read that there is an elementary school site in the works...anyone know anything about that? The schools that I saw didn't rank very well but I am not sure. Anyone know of the junior high or elemenatry there? Is it far. Are there community activities at the Village (i.e. for the kids,etc.) How do you like living there.
    I live at NTC, the only school onsite is a preschool, it is state run. There are three elelmentary schools within 2 miles of the housing. The schools up here are fine. Elementary goes k-4, then they go to lower middle school 4-6, then upper middle school 6-8, then high school. My dd goes to silver gate elementary. There are also three charter schools a few blocks down from housing.
    http://www.explorerelementary.org/
    http://www.hightechhigh.org/
    There is no cdc on site here. There is a cdc on the sub base and one on MCRD. Neither of which are far away.

As for the other two housing I can't help much. They do have schools on site though. The strand is in coronado so the schools are pretty good. I don't know about MC. I don't think there is a cdc there are as far as I know they are only remolding the e-6 and up and the e-6 and below three bedrooms.

If I could choose any of these housings I would still stay here. I like it here is is quiet, my dd is in a good schoo, ds goes to the preschool here, we have a heated pool with a 1ft deep kiddie pool, we are close to alot, and it doesn't take dh long to drive to work. We also have more sq. feet then most. My unit, a three bedroom is over 1700sq. ft. The only downside is no pets. It is hard to find the right housing for what your family needs. There is also Gateway village and Serra Mesa. All are new like NTC.
    HTH
  3. RockstarMom
    As far as MC housing goes. Santo Terrace is renovated, Aero Ridge and Orleck I believe aren't. The are in the middle of renovating MC North right now. The house I'm moving into in Aero looks nice to me (of course I've lived in piss poor houses before )
    They haven't yet broken ground on new houses in MC yet. The broke ground on a couple clubhouses were I am told there will be pools (looks like the one will be right across from my new house! )
    People know more about the schools than I do, I just know that they are all pretty close- walking distance. HTH

eta- both houses we would have lived at were within walking distance of each elementary school.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Ohh and they do have activites here. On wed, there is a playgroup at the big park, tues and thrusday there is a stroller walking thing, and on fridays there is a mom craft thing, child care provided. There is also a mom and tot class. I have yet to attend any, but they are in the monthly newletter. In the summer the ppv's do lotteries and last year we one tickets to the zoo and the water park, all free. The kids had a blast.
  5. RockstarMom
    Quote Originally Posted by piggypunkinetta
    Ohh and they do have activites here. On wed, there is a playgroup at the big park, tues and thrusday there is a stroller walking thing, and on fridays there is a mom craft thing, child care provided. There is also a mom and tot class. I have yet to attend any, but they are in the monthly newletter. In the summer the ppv's do lotteries and last year we one tickets to the zoo and the water park, all free. The kids had a blast.
    Yep, they have all that up here in MC also. Is your housing Lincoln also? I know Lincoln does TONS of family stuff and raffles! We've wona couple raffles!
  6. Senior Member
    [Does anyone live at the The Village at NTC? Murphy Canyon? Do you (or do you know of anyone) who has school aged children or children in a CDC?

I need to find out the CDC, Elementary and Junior High situation at each one.

Yes there is a CDC center in the neighborhood and there is also a CDC ran by the state in Miller Elementary. There are two Elementary's in Murphy Canyon. Miller Elementary and Hancock. I am not too aware of the Jr. High school though. Mine is only in 3rd grade.

I read that there is a CDC at Murphy Canyon and the elementary school seemed pretty close.
    I am not sure about the before/after school program though (if it is run by the military or by the school system).

I do know that Hancock has an after school program that is ran by the school. It runs until 5:30 I believe. I am not sure if Miller has one or not.

The junior high...not sure how far away that is...I think there is one called Lewis...does anyone know how far away that is. Is there bus service in San Diego?

I do know that they bus the Jr. High kids in my area but I have no idea where the school is or what the name of it is.

Are all of the units in Murphy pretty much renovated?

As far as I know they renovated all units but the units over in Orleck and Aero district don't look anything like the units over in Santo District. The cabinets are different, the counters, the designs of the house and there are a few different things different. I was told the back of Santo District are the newest area of all of Murphy Canyon but I have no idea if that is true or not.

There is said to be several pool sites...have they been built yet?

I haven't seen any pools in Murphy Canyon. There is a rec center down Santo Road that might have one but not IN housing.

How do you like living there?

We love it. We were offered a house over in Aero at first and luckily turned that unit down and got moved over to Santo and thankfully got put in a culdasac. We are central to everything it seems like. We have decent sized back yards. My son loves his school. It take my husband like 10 min. TOPS to get to base. We havent had any problems there so far.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by dollface; 04-17-2006 at 01:57 AM.
  8. I'm too cool for words
    I'm too cool for words
    Are you guys moving soon?