Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Murphy canyon ladys

1. Senior Member

Murphy canyon ladys

Advertisements
    I was wondering from your personal experience,how long did it take you to get a house there. How many bedrooms do you have?

We are thinking of putting in for housing there when we move in April. The waiting list says for a 3 bedroom its 2-3 months. Alot of people I know have gotten a house within a week there. I was just wondering what everyone Else's experience was.
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    it took us 6 months but that was in 2003 and they were still remodeling. right now it's about a month cause of the added weight time for them to install the central A/C
  3. Kat
    stand barefooted in my own front yard with a baby on my hip
    stand barefooted in my own front yard with a baby on my hip
    We got here June 5th and moved in Aug 7th.

We were and still ARENT happy with the condition the house was given to us in. But with a newborn we dont really have a choice
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    We waited a little over a month for our 4 bedroom. It was mostly b/c of the A/C units being installed though, I think. They should have more finished by the time you get out here so hopefully you won't have to wait that long!
  5. Queen of Boyville
    Queen of Boyville
    I have a 4 bedroom and we got it 2 days after we got to San Diego. That was pure luck, it would of been 2 weeks, but the person they offered this one to didn't want it cause it wasn't in the cul de sac area of the street. Oh well, his loss our gain.
  6. Regular Member
    It took us 6 months on the waiting list, but we were waiting for a 2 bedroom (no kids). But I just met someone who doesn't have any kids and she got a 3 bedroom house after calling the housing office ONCE. So 3 bedroom houses are most likely the quickest to get into. They are nice too.

7. Senior Member
    Thanks Lady's!! I hate having to wait for housing. We are still debating on whether we want to rent housing out on town ,or if we are going to buy a house ,or just get Navy housing.

I have family I can stay with until a house opens up,but I will need to get Jacob into school. He will only have 2 months left of school. Maybe I will just have to home school him for the last 2 months.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed

nevermind
    Last edited by CoffeeGirl; 10-17-2007 at 05:58 PM.
  9. Senior Member
    we got a call within 2 weeks...we LOVE it...no problems...we were offered a 4 bedroom to take right away, but by the time she tried to get it someone else had already claimed it so we got a 3 bedroom...it took us almost 1 1/2 months to move in because the first house we said no to and then another was going to be available for an extra 2 weeks and we had to give 30 days at our apt.
  10. Senior Member
    Ya, I just found out I'm pregnant. So I guess we will be trying to get a 4 bedroom. If we can only get a 3 bedroom that will be fine too.

Its nice to know that pretty much everyone has gotten a house pretty fast!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast